T.G.I.F. 6/23/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
Italian Hot Dogs here.
Need to use up many things before it all goes bad.

Sandwich Rolls toasted with my own garlic butter spread. Steamed hot dogs and stewed tomatoes/sweet peppers with Italian seasonings that are in the crock pot now.
Toast the buns add the dog (Sorry fella it had to happen some time! ) Place it on the bun add the tomatoes then topping it with Mozarella cheese. Back into the toaster to melt the cheese.

Since, this is the earlier thread (by 4 minutes!) I'll post here, even though @dragnlaw wrote that she would fix it in the morning.

We ordered from a new-to-us Korean resto. When we were watching the map with the delivery, we discovered that it's a 5 minute walk from us.

I had spicy pork bibimbap. DH had beef bulgogi. Both dishes were really good. We will order from them again. I will probably tell them not to put any rice. It was white rice and I didn't like it. I'd rather cook some of my brown rice to go with it.

I went exploring today and found myself at H Mart which has a fantastic selection of fish and seafood. I had been hoping to try this recipe from Woks of Life. They had porgies so I purchased two asking that they are gutted and scaled but leave the heads on. (I had never cooked a fish with the head on. Imagine my excitement!) He lobbed off the heads too. :mad: I decided to make the recipe as written anyway. The fish was delicious! It cooked perfectly and had the most delicate flavor. I also attempted to make a Korean bean sprout salad, which I felt was missing something. Sweetness....salt....something. Served it with some frozen dumplings I had on-hand and some summer pickles made with my garden cucumbers.

2023-06-23 18.32.36.jpg

The person who lobbed the heads off those fish probably did that out of habit. I'm guessing that the majority of people who want their fish cleaned and scaled, also ask to have the head removed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom