taco rice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philso

Senior Cook
thought i'd pass this idea long. apparently a new approach to "tacos" oringinating in okinawa, here in japan. it's an extremely simple, good tasting, one-dish meal. put a mound of rice in the center of your dinner plate and pile the taco fillings on top. done.
i usually use some beef, pork or chicken sauteed with onion, cumin, and refried beans as the first layer. the second layer is mixed salad of lettuce and other greens, grated carrot, diced tomato, yellow bell peppers, plenty of cilantro and tossed with some salsa. finally some grated cheese, guacamole and maybe some more salsa.
icon12.gif

philso said:
thought i'd pass this idea long. apparently a new approach to "tacos" oringinating in okinawa, here in japan. it's an extremely simple, good tasting, one-dish meal. put a mound of rice in the center of your dinner plate and pile the taco fillings on top. done.
i usually use some beef, pork or chicken sauteed with onion, cumin, and refried beans as the first layer. the second layer is mixed salad of lettuce and other greens, grated carrot, diced tomato, yellow bell peppers, plenty of cilantro and tossed with some salsa. finally some grated cheese, guacamole and maybe some more salsa.
icon12.gif

Hi, philso,

I wonder if you have the recipe for the rice, or just plain rice.
It sounds like a very delicious idea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom