Takeout Menu Workarounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jharris

Sous Chef
My favorite Mexaraunt only serves its beef tacos in a hard shell (I want soft) and the beef is ground (I want strips).

The way I get around this is to order the beef fajitas with soft corn tortillas. This meal comes with salsa fresco and guacamole'.

When I get it home I add my own sour cream, shredded cabbage and lime and my own side of pickled jalaps.

Does anyone else work around a take out menu in this way?

I love adding slices of avocado to pizza so I sometimes order pizza with bacon and add the avo myself.

I also prefer my take away pork ribs with mash instead of chips so I order them with salad and add my own mash.

I like vegetarian pizza but order shrimp extra to add on top.

Don't like my burgers soggy so I order them plain and add relish and extra pickles at home.

I love ordering sweet and sour prawns with fried rice but I don't like them soaking the crispy prawns in sweet and sour sauce ( makes it soggy) I order the sauce on the side. Same with salad dressing ......

My favorite mid east take out makes good falafels. My home made ones are either too dry, crumbly or too greasy or too not right. They do not make a good sauce, it is easy to fix up the tzatziki sauce and add a little mint or oregano and their falafels, unlike mine, do re heat in the oven and crisp up again.
--
I sometimes buy pulled pork from a BBQ joint, reasonable price~~$10 US / lb. Sauce on the side. It is good for the usual pulled pork sandwiches and especially good in carnitas, burritos, fried rice et al. And their definition of A Pound is to just hand chop until their arm gets tired and they fill a take out container. I'm pretty sure they don't own a scale, as it makes many meals. However, I found out this winter they doubled the price. Still a good treat. But really, I need to cook my own BBQ pork butts now that the weather is getting warm again.
---
I will surprise myself, now that I think about it, I haven't bought a rotisserie chicken from the grocer's deli in a very long time. This use to be a regular standby on grocery shopping day or mid week or anytime I was feeling too tired / lazy to cook dinner. Hmmm, this might have to make the list.

jharris said:
My favorite Mexaraunt only serves its beef tacos in a hard shell (I want soft) and the beef is ground (I want strips).

The way I get around this is to order the beef fajitas with soft corn tortillas. This meal comes with salsa fresco and guacamole'.

When I get it home I add my own sour cream, shredded cabbage and lime and my own side of pickled jalaps.

Does anyone else work around a take out menu in this way?

How could I forget?!

A squeeze of lime. Oh yeah!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom