Thursday 8-31-17 What For Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Joined
Aug 2, 2014
Messages
7,673
Location
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
med, I'll consider that recipe, for sure, but just for me.
I was just oohing and ahing, drooling really, at the computer screen and DH walks over:
"ACK! I don't like that wet rice stuff! My friend Eric Fong always ate that in the wintertime, YUCK!"
Well, mais fica (mahsh-fee-kah is how she pronounced it), more for me! as my Portuguese Grandmother would always say if you declined any food.
:LOL:
 

medtran49

Executive Chef
Joined
Feb 20, 2011
Messages
4,856
Location
Florida
Well, craig liked it, this time and last. I don't think he would eat it on a regular basis, he's not big on things like porridge or risotto, but he'll go for it once in a while. The ground pork and egg made up for the porridge texture.
 

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Joined
Apr 5, 2009
Messages
12,967
Lol, no. This is a Catholic Prep school. They take this pretty seriously (maybe a little too much?).
The pros actually scout the varsity teams here, although my son is only in 8th grade.

I just want him to enjoy playing, learn about teamwork and camaraderie, an derive pleasure from crushing opponents while they go home crying to their mamas. :devilish:

Wait, I shouldn't have said that last part. :ermm:

Mongol General: What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.
 

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 4, 2012
Messages
10,080
Location
California
Sounds good, everyone. MsM, I love your decorative menu descriptions. :)

Hot here too, RF. The temp numbers are not that bad, but the 15-18% humidity is what's been getting to me. Ugh.

I had a couple of carne asada tacos this afternoon - simply done, pretty much like street tacos. Just the meat, chopped onion, and a sprinkling of chopped cilantro wrapped up in a corn tortilla. Pretty darn good. A bowl of cantaloupe for a side.
 
Last edited:

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Joined
Apr 5, 2009
Messages
12,967
Sounds good, everyone. MsM, I love your decorative menu descriptions. :)

Hot here too, RF. The temp numbers are not that bad, but the 15-18% humidity is what's been getting to me. Ugh.

I had a couple of carne asada tacos this afternoon - simply done, pretty much like street tacos. Just the meat, chopped onion, and a sprinkling of chopped cilantro wrapped up in a corn tortilla. Pretty darn good. A bowl of cantaloupe for a side.
Thank you Cheryl.

(I think I will have another bowl of soup.)
 

Whiskadoodle

Executive Chef
Joined
Nov 1, 2011
Messages
4,129
Location
Twin Cities Mn
I ordered a sausage pizza in anticipation of both college and pro football games here tonight. I wouldn't want to be near our light rail service tonight, as both teams rely heavily on it to cut down on traffic and parking. So now I'm having a little post game cold pizza for a snack.
 

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
15,813
Location
Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Ended up going out for pizza at a local (to our old home) sports bar. THE Ohio State Buckeyes were on about 80% of the screens, Cleveland Browns on the other 20%. And every screen showed a winner!

I had a 2-fer: Caesar side salad with a one-person, bacon/mushroom pizza. Himself had a Primo pizza with two meats and three veggies. Beers, too.
 

Attachments

  • 20170831_220102.jpg
    20170831_220102.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 128

GA Home Cook

Sous Chef
Joined
Sep 15, 2012
Messages
767
Location
Cartersville, GA
Long drive to the Podiatrist for my wife, she had PRP injections into her planters 3 weeks back, yahoo the boot came off today. went to a local market place and ate there. Burger and slaw for me, salmon for the wife. Burger was good, salmon was OK.
 

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
Joined
Aug 19, 2004
Messages
21,933
Location
My mountain
We ended up going to a diner. Fronch onion soup and a Ceaser sald with grilled chicken for my boy, blueberry pancakes and turkey bacon for dw, and I had the hot,open turkey, mashed, and string beans.

My son was so excited to start school today he woke up at 3 AM. :(

I hope he stays awake all day. I have to go do the same while painting the shed.
 

Latest posts

Top Bottom