Thursday's dinner -7/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cold dinner tonight.

Rotiss chicken, red and green grape halves, gorgonzola, red onion, toasted sunflower seeds, mayo bssed dressing on a bed of chopped lettuce. Watermelon. and ice tea.

Purslane and kale, mushroom lentil pate on whole wheat toast, with pickles.

Leftovers so I can get some other stuff done. So far I've eaten the last pork chop, half the Brussels sprouts with bacon and mushrooms...and mixed up sauteed mushrooms and ground beef for four burgers for the freezer. Not much, eh? I'm waiting for sauteed onions to cool so I can make four onion burgers for the freezer too. Baby steps. LOL!

A thick bratwurst, and a jalapeno-cheese hot dog, both steamed, with juicy slaw, ketchup, horseradish. sweet pickle relish, and thousand Island dressing as condiments for the buns. Nuked fresh corn on the cob, in the husk. Good enough on this hot summer evening.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

DH is taking some heavy duty antibiotics for probable diverticulitis. They are making his stomach quite delicate. So, I have to be careful what I make for supper. Yesterday's pizza really didn't agree with him. So, I defrosted some vegis and sautéed them with some onion and cumin and then added some already cooked brown rice. I simmered that in some coconut milk and seasoned with fish sauce and tamari. Then I added some of the leftover steak and finally added some chopped up chard. I also made two vegetarian frikadeller. Those are experimental from a Danish recipe. It was all so so. It was food. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything to write home about. I'm a bit disappointed. DH is just glad to have food that isn't awful and isn't bothering him.

Brown rice with veg and steak and a vegi frikadelle experiment.jpg

Back
Top Bottom