Traveling, need suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm in NY with two of my younger girls. 15 and 13. We will have a free day tomorrow. I'm thinking Manhattan, but what to do there? I would like to start will breakfast and then maybe city tour, I'm sure there is some sort of a bus tour. They have been to Statue of Liberty. Not sure what else to do. Youngest doesn't want to go 9/11 memorial. I would love to. It's hard to deal with 13 year old

Since you're with your girls, I rec Russ and Daughters for breakfast. Our delis don't really compare like NY. Bagels with lots of stuff to pile on them. Google them. $$

I'd go to the Metropolitan Museum or Art or MOMA. Neither are cheap.

There are bus tours, but I don't know how they work.

When i I am there, I'm usually working.

One touristy site I do recommend is the observation deck at The Empire State Building. You really don't understand just how big NYC is until you see it from above.

CD

We did a hop-on hop-off bus tour of New York several years ago, although DH bought the tickets in advance. I suggest you ask the concierge in your hotel to help you get tickets for that.

Obviously I would recommend a food tour of the city!

I am not a New Yorker and I also do not have children, so I am sure there are a lot of better people than I to give you advice about this. I go to New York a lot on business but I am not sure there is much in the way of family friendly in Manhattan that is not touristy. Trump Tower is always cool and so is MOMA.

I do highly recommend a restaurant called Benoit, a great French restaurant right by Trump Tower. I go every time I am in New York.

Like GG, I highly recommend the "Hop on Hop off Bus". SC was raised there, and he enjoyed it as much as I did since he never paid any attention to what NYC had to offer as a kid. It was just "home". Sit on the top deck, and enjoy the view, then get off when something interests you together. Most of all, have fun!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom