Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - Y'all have to eat before I do! What did you have????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kathleen

Cupcake
We had chicken piccata over pasta.

20230926_182342.jpg

Ginny, please get out of the oven before it gets turned on. Wrecks havoc with hair and skin you know.

I had a big breakfast, so when I found some Mild Italian Sausages in the freezer and couldn't read the date, thought I'd do them up for a late lunch.
Mistake, edible but should have just chucked them. Very stale. Had to drown them in A1 sauce and some HorseRadish Mustard to be able to swallow.

Didn't feel like making supper. Wine was good though. I did have a cupcake with frosting and a candle for my daughter's 59th birthday!

and yes, I remembered to blow out the candle for her (and I didn't tell her the wish) and removed it before eating.
Sigh... it too was a little stale - it was from Kathleen's cake - which I haven't forgotten - when I baked a single layer and a bunch of cupcakes and never decorated.
Don't give up hope Kathleen, might get it made before your next one?

Ginny, please get out of the oven before it gets turned on. Wrecks havoc with hair and skin you know.

I had a big breakfast, so when I found some Mild Italian Sausages in the freezer and couldn't read the date, thought I'd do them up for a late lunch.
Mistake, edible but should have just chucked them. Very stale. Had to drown them in A1 sauce and some HorseRadish Mustard to be able to swallow.

Didn't feel like making supper. Wine was good though. I did have a cupcake with frosting and a candle for my daughter's 59th birthday!

and yes, I remembered to blow out the candle for her (and I didn't tell her the wish) and removed it before eating.
Sigh... it too was a little stale - it was from Kathleen's cake - which I haven't forgotten - when I baked a single layer and a bunch of cupcakes and never decorated.
Don't give up hope Kathleen, might get it made before your next one?

Tortelli ala Panna 🫠

IMG_0343.jpeg

Cook’s Notes:

This is a dish that originated in about the 40’s in Bologna, at that time dressed in a broth.
It became a popular dish in Italy, and transferred into Italian-American cuisine via almost every Italian restaurant featuring it in the 60’s and 70’s, where it saw the addition of cream.

I used to make this in the restaurant, often changing the tortelli with whatever was needed to move from the walk-in.

Eventually, my chef cut the dish (at my suggestion) because it was severely time consuming, and we were in the 80’s, where heavy, creamy and cheesy sauces were not in fashion.

It’s a lovely dish, but don’t tell your doctor.

(Just as an aside - it looks like a soup in my poor photo. It’s not - it’s a thick cheese and cream sauce)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom