Wed, 10th of Jan. 2024 dinner is served

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
Manhatten Clam Chowder
1704919400864.png

That solyanka inspired soup I made and served for supper yesterday was calling my name. So, we had the leftovers for supper tonight. I also heated up some store bought samosas. There was also bread. Nine grain bread for DH and rugbrød (Danish, whole grain, 100% rye bread, except for the added sunflower seeds). I even remembered to put out some dill to go with the soup. Not only was the dill pretty with the soup, it really went well flavourwise.

Definitely happy tummy around here. I'm already planning the next batch of solyankoid.

I made a batch of homemade spaghetti yesterday in my Kitchen Aid with a mix of semolina and all purpose flour (and egg, salt, and olive oil). I froze some and we ate some.

Panko and parmesan cheese encrusted chicken breasts with marinara, fresh herbs and shaved parmesan over homemade spaghetti:
20240111_075136.jpg
20240111_075156.jpg

Had defrosted a chicken breast and also some ground pork, neither of which got used in the intended recipes. Threw them on the griddler with some Cajun spices. Heated some carrot and parsnip mash with rice and smother it all with Mushroom sauce.
Not bad but certainly nothing to rave about.
I'd say 3-5 dinners each week are what I call "fill the void" meals. If I'm not working a lot I try to pull off something fabulous 2x a week. It doesn't always work out as expected, lol.

Wednesdays can be tough in our house since I go right from work to do the weekly grocery shopping. If we have leftovers, great, otherwise cooking has to be quick because it's late. I'm cat sitting too so that adds some time to the equation.

I had leftover green salad and opened a can of tuna plus I had some delightful chocolate truffles. DH also had tuna but with a microwaved baked potato and the rest of his Trader Joe sauerkraut. With 2 beers so no room left!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom