Wednesday 2/23/11 What's cooking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't have much of an appetite, so I had Roasted cauliflower, carrots, and sweet onions, and Mini baked potatoes with sour cream and scallions.

It took me all day, and me waddling around in my new "balance" sandals. You were right about that, PF.

How are the sandals working out? I was disappointed when they wouldn't let me wear my shoes to Rehab. But, I still get to bounce around in them at work!:)

How are the sandals working out? I was disappointed when they wouldn't let me wear my shoes to Rehab. But, I still get to bounce around in them at work!:)

I appreciate your warning me about the wobblies. I took a glance through the shoes, because I only have 3 pairs. One is a sandal fastened with velcro, Another were $3 red flip flops and the third is a pair of memory foam slippers.

I found some with sandal/velcro uppers and the "balance" soles. I like them a lot. I was kind of wobbly anyway because of of my back, but once I got more familiar with the feel of them, it seemed that my legs and back seemed to gradually improve all day.

They were only $22!

I watched a TV show a good while back that said that elderly people were strengthening their bones by doing Tai Chi. I figure it was the balancing like dancing, so I figured these could be helpful for my osteoporosis.

Last edited:
I appreciate your warning me about the wobblies. I took a glance through the shoes, because I only have 3 pairs. One is a sandal fastened with velcro, Another were $3 red flip flops and the third is a pair of memory foam slippers.

I found some with sandal/velcro uppers and the "balance" soles. I like them a lot. I was kind of wobbly anyway because of of my back, but once I got more familiar with the feel of them, it seemed that my legs and back seemed to gradually improve all day.

They were only $22!

I watched a TV show a good while back that said that elderly people were strengthening their bones by doing Tai Chi. I figure it was the balancing like dancing, so I figured these could be helpful for my osteoporosis.

So glad you are liking them! I'm joining a Tai Chi class in the next couple of weeks, when the instructor starts it over.

So glad you are liking them! I'm joining a Tai Chi class in the next couple of weeks, when the instructor starts it over.

My Mom had a DVD of Tai Chi instructed by David Carradine. It was lovely and I used to do it often, especially by watching the TV in the mirror across the room I could work out with him and his group. It's very relaxing, you'll enjoy it, I'm sure! Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom