Wednesday, May 27, 2020, what's on your table?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Butter sauteed mushrooms, asparagus, garlic with a camembert sauce, with roasted potatoes and eggs.

Attachments

• 2020-05-27 18.31.31.jpg
    2020-05-27 18.31.31.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 108
All that talk on another thread about Asian chili garlic sauce gave me a craving for one of my favorites - the Thai Mahogany Fire Noodles. I used 16 Thai dragons (frozen from last year) and 12 cloves of garlic, minced up to start the stir-fry, and fortunately, I have a powerful range hood!

I used some sliced carrots, instead of bamboo shoots, and I only had the narrower, pad Thai type noodles instead of the wider ones I like better, but it was all good...and hot!
Some of the ingredients for Mahogany Fire Noodles. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Garlic and Thai dragons, starting Mahogany Fire Noodles. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Mint and Basil, finishing of the Mahogany Fire Noodles. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Mahogany Fire Noodles, ready to burn me up! by pepperhead212, on Flickr

We've had a lousy 2 days.
Yesterday our "good" cars AC went. They kept it overnight because they needed one part and they close early now (6pm).
Today we had to take our 8 year old boy cat to the vet. He has urinary disease. It is a mild case but his bladder in inflamed. I liked the curbside service. BUT it was warm and sunny today sitting in the "old" car that has no AC and 2 of the windows don't open. But it didn't take that long. They gave him meds at the hospital. We got a bag with syringes for pain and pills for inflammation and spasming and some special diet wet food. The doctor said this will be a recurring thing and he will probably have to be on special diet forever. Thing is he doesn't like the wet food. We will have to get the Hills Science dry food. But he will be ok.

Then

attachment.php

Now (with Pepper)

attachment.php

Our Chinese resto is open again for delivery, so I had a pork egg foo young lunch combo.

Dinner was a burger (no bun) and salads.

I made a salad, a Frito taco salad. We had the leftover taco meat from the last time we had tacos (DH always makes more than we will use in one sitting. It's great stuff to have on hand.) Served it over leaves (two kinds of lettuce, sorel, and some fresh oregano). I put out Fritos, salsa, chopped onions, sour cream, pickled jalapenos, a chunk of cheddar and the grater, and some blue cheese dressing for adding to the salad. I've never done this before, but it was good. We will definitely do that again.

Last edited:
SC just left to have our dinner delivered to his trunk. That Hozy's local restaurant is just awesome and this will be enough food for us for two days. The portions are so generous....
We deserve it....

Chicken Fried Steak
Filet Mignon, breaded and pan fried, covered in country gravy, served with mashed potatoes and a vegetable side

Hozy's Famous Meatloaf
Our famous meatloaf, homemade with ground fresh pork, veal and beef, with a wild mushroom sauce, served with mashed potatoes and a vegetable side

Peach Cobbler

Last edited:
SC just left to have our dinner delivered to his trunk. That Hozy's local restaurant is just awesome and this will be enough food for us for two days. The portions are so generous....
We deserve it....

Chicken Fried Steak
Filet Mignon, breaded and pan fried, covered in country gravy, served with mashed potatoes and a vegetable side

Hozy's Famous Meatloaf
Our famous meatloaf, homemade with ground fresh pork, veal and beef, with a wild mushroom sauce, served with mashed potatoes and a vegetable side

Peach Cobbler

I've never been big on spending money on restaurant food, maybe I'm too critical, but I always think I could do better on most everything.

I admit I've been proven wrong on the many meals we've ordered from Hozy's with this Chef. I could not do better than him, so it's worth every penny when I don't want to cook. I know it will be as good, and maybe better (choke) than I could do.. Again, we called after dinner to compliment the Chef, and we were assured the "online menu, delivered to your trunk" will continue when it reopens for business. It's a small place and they will lose big bucks with the restrictions for serving. It's a win-win for everyone.

Attachments

• P5270095.jpg
    P5270095.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 100
Busy day scrubbing down the front porch and making it a little cozy, so a quick and easy supper. I had a number of golf ball sized Russet potatoes in the bag from Aldi, so I nuked a couple a piece for us. Completely buried them in chopped and quick-cooked broccoli, minced ham from the 9#er I cooked last week, and some nice melting Monterey Jack cheese.

I've never been big on spending money on restaurant food, maybe I'm too critical, but I always think I could do better on most everything...
I feel this way, too, Kayelle. Except that last week (two weeks ago?) when Himself did the contact-less pick-up from the Thai restaurant in the next town over, we had forgotten how gooood his cooking is. Thai for dinner tomorrow, since I have to go out shopping :ohmy: in that direction. While I would look forward shopping, needing to do the hunter-gatherer thing two days in a row makes me a bit nervous...

"I've never been big on spending money on restaurant food, maybe I'm too critical, but I always think I could do better on most everything."

My point in eating out once in a while is , somebody else does the work, and I don't have to clean up ! Plus, there are some dishes that I like a lot, but can't be prepared for one ; don't want to have to eat it for the next three days.

Matter of fact, I gave the Diner my business again........ Their FB pic got me..........

Beef Stew over Buttered Noodles

aaaa.jpg

Diner Beef Stew.jpg

I made a simple Swedish style beef macaroni casserole last night. I cooked a pound of hamburger with 2 chopped medium onions and some fresh garlic. Then I drained it and added it to a large pyrex casserole dish along with some cooked egg noodles.

Then I added like a 1/4 cup pasta sauce and some seasonings like salt, pepper, seasoned salt, onion powder. I mixed it all together well and cooked in oven at 350 for half an hour. The pasta sauce was just to add a little moisture mainly -- didn't want it being a heavy sauce dish like spaghetti. You couldn't even tell it had any sauce in it.

When I served up individual portions for everyone, I added some sour cream to each serving which melted into it and gave it a nice kick. Served with green beans on the side.

Last edited:
It was pretty hot here yesterday, so we grilled dinner. Turkish kebabs, pineapple and corn on the cob for the grill. I made tzatziki sauce and dressed the corn with leftover Mexican street corn sauce and served it with home-grilled flatbread and sliced lettuce, tomato and cucumber. Delish.
20200527_200145.jpg

We've had a lousy 2 days.
Yesterday our "good" cars AC went. They kept it overnight because they needed one part and they close early now (6pm).
Today we had to take our 8 year old boy cat to the vet. He has urinary disease. It is a mild case but his bladder in inflamed. I liked the curbside service.
I'm sorry about your cat, msmofet. I hope he feels better soon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom