What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm baking a 2 layer chocolate cake with strawberry whipped cream icing for Savannah's birthday. Yesterday I baked 2 dozen chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese icing for her to take to school today.

I baked a two-layer chocolate mayonnaise cake today, with a pastry cream filling, and topped with a chocolate glaze. It turned out great! If I were to make this fancier, I'd garnish it with caramel to make it really decadent.

OK, small change of plans. Savannah's chocolate cake will be 2 layers, but I'm only baking one & I'll cut it in half. I didn't have enough flour to make 2 cakes. BTW, I posted the recipe in cakes, it's the one bowl chocolate cake.

Saturday I tried to make this.

Recipes : Millionaire's Shortbread : Food Network

I printed the recipe like 6 years ago and never did it. I had an itch for shortbread Saturday, so I started to make just cookies but remembered this one. I made the shortbread part just fine, but what is supposed to be a "carmel" topping in the middle is NOT! 1st try came out completely crystallized while I waited for it to turn "amber colored". The 2nd try I pulled off when I saw crystals start and never set. It's a gooey sugar coated mess... but it still tastes good!

:) I've been on a Cooks Ilustrated almost no knead bread bender making a loaf a day just made my second cranberry and pecan bread it's soo good. That loaf and the regular loaf I add oatmeal and wheat bran or the ten grain mix for bread from King Arthurs . I have been adding more dried cranberries and toasted pecans than the recipe says it is really, really good.

I know this is out of season, but I made a loaf of pumpkin pecan bread. I had such a taste for pumpkin.

One very large peach cobbler for the dialysis center tomorrow and some parmesan,basil and lemon zest mixed then baked to make parm crisps..
kadesma:)

I have one home sick from school, I'll make him some choc chip cookies.
Then I'm going to try some wheat bread worthy of sandwiches, to see if I can stop buying 3 loaves a week.

i'm baking white plain bread.
i do it at least twice a week.
i never buy bread, i make it at home with bread machine (severin).
i usually cook it in the machine but if i have time i make loaves and cook them in the oven.
i decided to do so because the more i make food shopping the more is difficult to find bread made with healty ingredients: too many animal fats, colza oil, palm oil, hydrogenated fats...
i can't really stand, i try not to fill my body with chemical things.
ok it's almost impossible and sometimes it happens...but bread is something me and DH eat everyday and now that i made it by my own with flour baking powder, water/milk, evoo, sugar and salt i feel better.
i love baking cakes, biscuits and many other treats but i must watch every kalory i eat:mad:

not baking today, but since I am doing a demo for the KitchenAid wall ovens on Sunday, tonight I am making a triple batch of pizza dough to be ready for Sunday. Making the pizzas is my favorite part of the demo, because they are easy to do while talking with the customers, they are popular with everyone, and I like to make each one different. so lots of variety. :chef:

About an hour ago I took a loaf of N.Y. Times Bread out of the oven. This one was picture-perfect. We'll have it for dinner tonight. I'm soooo tempted to cut a slice and slather it with butter, but I'll be good and wait until dinner.

About an hour ago I took a loaf of N.Y. Times Bread out of the oven. This one was picture-perfect. We'll have it for dinner tonight. I'm soooo tempted to cut a slice and slather it with butter, but I'll be good and wait until dinner.
mmm should have taken a photo of it . ;) I am waiting for my dough to rise so I can pop it in the oven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom