What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is a busy day. I have to decorate a cake for a shower order. For home I need to make more Banana muffins, cookies (regular and diabetic), bread, and some biscuits.

I was up really early today so I decided to bake before the house got too hot. I wanted to use up some of the zucchini I got in our weekly CSA box so made a double batch of coconut-lemon zucchini muffins. I'll try to post the recipe later.

I'm looking at a big bag of peanuts and some golden syrup leftover from bake-sale brittle...what can I possibly do with those? More brittle?....blech...
I have a solution: make the brittle and send it me--I'll pay for the shipping.
I was all set to do a nice birthday dinner with all of the family for my hubby's birthday, but he has a horrible flu and he is so sick! We had both eaten Mexican food last night, complete with tomatoes, so I was afraid at first he had food poisoning, but we ate the exact same thing and I'm fine. Neither one of us hardly ever gets sick. I have a refrigerator full of groceries, but he can't even handle the smell of food, soooo, all of that organic, air-chilled chicken will have to go in the freezer. Kind of waste--I should have bought the cheapo stuff!

Have fun with all of your baking today...

Two pans of Joe V's outstanding cinnamon rolls first thing this morning - a nice treat for my son and his family just before we put them on the plane to go to the states for a few weeks and then, back to China. Their visit went so fast! But they did leave with their tummies full and happy.

We made raspberry coconut bars for a coworker that was in a car accident and broke her shoulder and choc chip cookies for us. i think with the heat being what it is baking will slow for the summer.

OK - I have finally discovered the world of Moomie Buns - OMIGOSH. They are SO good. We ate two at lunch with tuna salad and will have two more for dinner with hamburgers. These are the absolute best sandwich buns! Wonderful texture, soft dough that is easy to form buns with. I put a little bit of dehydrated onion in them...they are wonderful. Also baked some chocolate chip cookies with toasted walnuts - that makes them so much better. It is HOT here (88F "feels like" 97F) and I have no AC, just lots of fans. I'm ready for a siesta.

not today but yesterday i made knight's white bread. a beautiful loaf of bread.

that is what i ate for dinner, huge slice with butter and jam.

this am , made toast with it. yum yum

need more cinnamon buns, lol

babe:chef:

I baked a choco-flan on Tuesday and it was gone in one day. Today, I baked some chocolate chip cookies and gone again within 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom