What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It pays to complain

We live rural enough that we need to hire our own trash hauler for our garbage or (ick) take it ourselves to the town dump. Again, ick. Over the last 5 billing cycles (15 months), our price has increased from $71 a quarter to $101. :ohmy: That is for a bi-weekly pick-up, our garbage cart is rarely more than half filled, and our separate recyclables cart goes out every 3rd pick-up. Every quarter for the last year, when a bill would come in, I'd say to Himself "time to call around for a new garbage guy". Well, when I checked all the invoices from the last year to see just how big a difference it's been, I called new places yesterday. Himself and I talked things over, he had a couple more questions I could ask the new services, and we decided to switch.

Flash to today. I call the current company, tell her I'm cancelling. After asking why, and me telling her about the large jump in cost over the past year and, oh by the way, do you have a discount for seniors? We're both over 65. Well, after a few minutes of tapping and sounds in the background, she said they could lower our quarterly cost to (wait for it) $68.78. :shock: That's a mighty nice "senior discount"! :LOL: I'm pretty sure the greatest factor for the lower price, though, is more a case of "we don't want to lose you!!!"

I don't care what did it, I'm just glad we have a considerably lower fee...for at least the next three months. (I saved my notes on the other trash services, just in case.)

We aren't that rural, roadfix. I guess it's more because of the size of our town (11,000) that has the town telling residents "make your own arrangements". Besides, we still need a means of disposing of our recyclables.

Not the best picture, but our second Niece just got proposed here at our Family Gathering.

IMG_3716.jpg

So romantic, Nephew-in-law-to-be. took her out at sunset in a canoe and video taped the whole thing with his drone.

Not the best picture, but our second Niece just got proposed here at our Family Gathering.

View attachment 30492

So romantic, Nephew-in-law-to-be. took her out at sunset in a canoe and video taped the whole thing with his drone.

Not the best picture for sure Kgirl. :LOL: I see sparkle though. Good for her, I never got an engagement ring..either time. :rolleyes:

One of my customers has a house on 17-Mile Drive. He flies from DFW to Monterey in his private jet. Tough life.

CD

Thank your friend for scaring me half to death.
Nothing like dining out at Tarpy's to the sight and sound of a low flying landing jet.
Yeah, made me jump! :LOL::ROFLMAO:
He owes me a lunch.We quickly left after that.

Munky.

Last edited:
Have to drive out to Monterey today.
Gotta go have my hearing tested.It's getting pretty bad.
It's going to be a fun day.They have to buy me lunch.
If I need hearing aids I won't have an excuse anymore for not responding to people.
Guess I can say instead of "I can't hear you, to I'm ignoring you!"
Sound like a good back up plan?:ohmy::ermm::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Munky.

"Batteries are dead."

"Batteries are dead."

LOL!:LOL:
Lost-check the freezer.:ohmy:

After a 4 hour long tedious test.Copy and paste here.
"Your audiogram indicates you can hear approximately 2% of audible speech in your Right ear and 6% in your Left ear."
I'm now a proud owner of these.https://www.phonak.com/us/en/hearing-aids/phonak-naida-b.html

She told me that I've been getting by for many years by reading lips, visual body language.
Epic fail on the audiogram and question pages I filled out.And what my husband told her.

I'm trying to adjust them to daily sounds.It will take time for me to relearn how to hear.
I do like the bluetooth option.It also came with a Com Pilot II that clips onto my blouse to take calls from my phone.

Typing right now to me is very loud.Everything is loud.
It's ok, these are loaners until mine are ready.

Munky.

Aaargh....heading for bed. I have to be up at 4:30AM, showered, dressed, and out the door by 6 - my sweet neighbors are being moved out of their home and into an assisted living facility. We're having a big friends and family breakfast in their honor...hopefully they'll know...:( and getting things ready for a huge estate sale. So sad...

Aaargh....heading for bed. I have to be up at 4:30AM, showered, dressed, and out the door by 6 - my sweet neighbors are being moved out of their home and into an assisted living facility. We're having a big friends and family breakfast in their honor...hopefully they'll know...:( and getting things ready for a huge estate sale. So sad...

My best wishes for them, this transition is not an easy one.

Go to bed, Cheryl. :glare: :LOL:

I hope all goes well for your neighbors' move, and that they and the rest of their family and their friends adjust to the change. Will they be close enough for you to stop in to see them if you want?

And good luck with that getting up early thing. I've pretty much forgotten how to do it.

Munky, my mom has hearing aids from the same company. Hers are the Audeo B. She really likes them. You'll get a lot of accessories in the package also.

That's such a sad situation Cheryl.
Your a dream neighbor.I mean that in a nice way.
Can I take you with me when I move?

I thinks it's beautiful how all of their friends are getting together like that.So unselfish.
The happy memories will help them and their family through.

Munky.

Munky, my mom has hearing aids from the same company. Hers are the Audeo B. She really likes them. You'll get a lot of accessories in the package also.

Did your mom have to take out a loan to pay for hers?
We shelled out $6.000.00.:ohmy:
Checked Amazon they sell them for $2.000.00.
It's ok,my hearing loss is at rock bottom.My family is glad that I took the leap to have my hearing checked out.I didn't know it was that bad.

Yesterday was rough.Wrote notes on a pad of paper.This is my first pair.
I couldn't handle daily noises.They gave me a bad headache.I was having censory overload issues.Actually took a nap for a few hours and still woke up exhausted.
Today I'll wear them a few hours and take a break.Nap if I need one.

Munky.

Did your mom have to take out a loan to pay for hers?
We shelled out $6.000.00.:ohmy:
Checked Amazon they sell them for $2.000.00.
It's ok,my hearing loss is at rock bottom.My family is glad that I took the leap to have my hearing checked out.I didn't know it was that bad.

Yesterday was rough.Wrote notes on a pad of paper.This is my first pair.
I couldn't handle daily noises.They gave me a bad headache.I was having censory overload issues.Actually took a nap for a few hours and still woke up exhausted.
Today I'll wear them a few hours and take a break.Nap if I need one.

Munky.

Mom's insurance covered $2000, and my cousin is an audiologist so the Dr's that she work for said they would just take what the insurance covered. She would wear them for a bit at a time at first so she could get used to them. Don't forget you can't wear them when you go to sleep or in the shower or getting your hair all prettied up.

That's such a sad situation Cheryl.
Your a dream neighbor.I mean that in a nice way.
Can I take you with me when I move?

I thinks it's beautiful how all of their friends are getting together like that.So unselfish.
The happy memories will help them and their family through.

Munky.

Thank you so much, Munky! All of us neighbors have known Ann and Dan for 20 years, but they don't remember that anymore. :( It's all been kind of a neighborhood and family thing with looking out for them, but it's gotten so they need 24/7. Holy moly, the family put the house up for sale and it sold that very day. So it's been a crazy few weeks, just trying to help out.

I hope the new neighbors that bought the house are nice folks, lol...can't help but think about that, too! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom