What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I realized it looked like a potato when I previewed my post. :LOL: Oops. It's actually the heel end of rye bread. My Dad always put a slice of bread on top of the crock of pickles for the first night, then took it out the next day. At first I did it that way mostly because "Dad did it that way". The one time I forgot, we could tell a difference in flavor. We like it better with bread. Good thing we like rye bread, too, or it wouldn't be worth buying a loaf for one slice.

Yesterday's pork adventure turned out to be a very good cook.

Today I need to pick out window treatments.Curtains or blinds?:rolleyes:
What's the new fad anyways?

I want everything ready to be to hung or installed. Were prepping and painting the inside of the house this week.

The sooner we get it done the sooner I can get me a puppy.:)

Munky.

Yesterday's pork adventure turned out to be a very good cook.

Today I need to pick out window treatments.Curtains or blinds?:rolleyes:
What's the new fad anyways?

I want everything ready to be to hung or installed. Were prepping and painting the inside of the house this week.

The sooner we get it done the sooner I can get me a puppy.:)

Munky.

We chose Plantation Shutters for our windows and I love them. The custom ones are expensive but beautiful and timeless. They most certainly add to the value of the home.

We chose Plantation Shutters for our windows and I love them. The custom ones are expensive but beautiful and timeless. They most certainly add to the value of the home.

What room do you have them in?
Amazon is useless today,I keep getting kicked back to their homepage:ohmy:
What I need them for is the living room and dining room.Both are bay windows facing the street.:rolleyes:

Munky.

I didn’t make any of my surimi salad last night. So there was nothing for breakfast or to take with me on my shift! So that’s what I’m doing now. Making a whole slew of it. And yes, I even eat it for breakfast, although a sausage and egg breakfast burrito with lotsa cheese is nice sometimes.

My Anova has been moved, so I have to locate it, and my stock pot as well, so while my salad’s chilling, I’ll do a little search. I’ve got two nice nobonoski chicken breasts that are just begging for a nice warm bath! (that’d be NO-BOne-NO-SKIn. Yeah I just made that up!) And a really cheap steak that I bought, but instead of the sous vide, I think I’ll try the salt tenderization hack that’s ALL the rage! The steak has no visible fat. Not a white streak to be seen, no marbling, nothing.

That’s what I’m doing now.

Oh, and if you’re in a Kroger’s brand grocery store at the deli counter, and they’ve got something called “krab Louie,” just say “no.” It was dreadful. Thank the powers that I only bought a very small amount!

Last edited:
Plantation shutters are beautiful! But you could also just go with some nice looking blinds, since you're prepping the house to sell. I wouldn't bother with curtains, since most buyers will end up choosing their own.

Good luck to ya, Munky...you've been sooo busy! Keep your eye on the (new puppy) prize! :)

Today I need to pick out window treatments.Curtains or blinds?

Unless you’ve got someone in the household who loves to dust, or you live on the ISS, stay away from blinds! (Although plantation shutters are nice! Very good dressing for bay windows, in my less-than-informed opinion.

What room do you have them in?
Amazon is useless today,I keep getting kicked back to their homepage:ohmy:
What I need them for is the living room and dining room.Both are bay windows facing the street.:rolleyes:

Munky.

I have them in every room in the house Munky, that's how much I love them.

They would be ideal for bay windows, but have them professionally measured and installed. They obviously must be precise.

Amazon has been crashing all day because of their big sale.

Unless you’ve got someone in the household who loves to dust, or you live on the ISS, stay away from blinds! (Although plantation shutters are nice! Very good dressing for bay windows, in my less-than-informed opinion.

My 2-inch wood blinds have some kind of anti-static paint on them. I only have to dust them about once a year. They are also 17 years old.

If I were buying something for a house I am planning to sell, I'd go to Home Depot and get plain white 2-inch blinds. That will be most appealing to most home buyers, IMO.

Plantation blinds are beautiful... if that is your style. They are also very expensive.

Drapes and curtains can be hung even if you go with blinds. I have blackout curtains in my bedroom that I can close at night to sleep. During the day, I have blinds that let some natural light in.

CD

Plantation shutters are beautiful! But you could also just go with some nice looking blinds, since you're prepping the house to sell. I wouldn't bother with curtains, since most buyers will end up choosing their own.

Good luck to ya, Munky...you've been sooo busy! Keep your eye on the (new puppy) prize! :)

This +1

I'm currently on landscaping mode. I think about it at work and even while I sleep.
I'm working on a stepped pathway leading down to and partially hugging around the huge rosemary bush. The footpath will eventually lead to a cozy, shaded sitting area at the very corner of the back yard.

I'm currently on landscaping mode. I think about it at work and even while I sleep.
I'm working on a stepped pathway leading down to and partially hugging around the huge rosemary bush. The footpath will eventually lead to a cozy, shaded sitting area at the very corner of the back yard.
Does the cozy, shaded, sitting area exist already? Or, is it part of the landscaping plans? We want more pix. ;)

We were all up past 4 am working on the house.
Replacing light switches and sockets.We got a late start.
Little did we know this house was supposed to have more than 1 reset socket.Nobody told us that when we bought it years ago.

Me and my stupid CDO ideas (That's OCD in alphabetical order.The way it should be)
This all started with "Hey, lets get new ceiling fans, paint the inside."
I'll be a neurotic mess by the time it comes to picking baseboards!:LOL::ROFLMAO:
Been a very busy week. Love my new Milwaukee drill.

Munky.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom