What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm working on my weekly produce + basket order. They have garlic scapes this week. I have also put sea asparagus into my order. I'm really looking forward to trying them.

I just watched my nephew his new wife get married via Zoom :wub: May they have a long and happy life together [emoji813]

Gotta say, I feel much more comfortable having watched it from home. Most of the people there aren't wearing masks and they're cozying up to each other in the pictures they're taking. It would be very risky for me to be there :(

Finally finished fixing a space for two goslings that somehow couldn't keep themselves in the nest with their 3 other siblings.

Just hatched late yesterday afternoon. Spent most of this morning with them tucked up in my shirt supported by my arm while I figured out where to put them.
I'd really rather Mom and Dad looked after them. Last thing I wanted was to foster them. Clean, feed, take out to grass, put back in, keep them warm.
Believe it or not I will have to turn on the heat lamp this evening. They need to be at 90 F. LOL - this day time is good! But not the nights. sigh....

Attachments

• 20200620_183907.jpg
    20200620_183907.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 82
While we were visiting out in the yard this afternoon, I saw something fairly close up that I hadn't seen so close up before.

A hawk swooped down and grabbed a little critter off the grass then flew off with it for lunch. We had no idea it was even up there. When it landed on the ground and grabbed the critter, it wrapped its wings around the prey to help keep it corralled in case it tried to escape.

Lucy I'm Home

The trip went well. Glad to be home.
Didn't do much except rest.
Came home and sold my treadmill and weight lifting unit.
They got a good deal. Making some headway at least. :dry:

Munky.

Got my last Grape vine in, in the pouring rain. Gander George found a way over the fence so by the time I got him back and fixed it, the rain was coming down. As all my tools were already out decided to just keep on working.

Now in the house, toweled off, sitting down and out comes the sun.

Got my last Grape vine in, in the pouring rain. Gander George found a way over the fence so by the time I got him back and fixed it, the rain was coming down. As all my tools were already out decided to just keep on working.

Now in the house, toweled off, sitting down and out comes the sun.

You got actual rain? We got about 10 minutes of spitting and two thunder claps. But, the temperature dropped by about 8°C (~14°F).

I have several blocks of cheese in my smoker and I'm cold smoking them with hickory wood pellets. Started at 1 pm today and will finish out between 9 pm to 11 pm I'm guessing. Extra Sharp Cheddar, Colby-Jack, a piece of Parmesan and a baby Swiss.

When it's done I'll vacuum seal them and age them in the fridge for a month at least.

I'm using my $2.50 home made knock off of an "A Maze-N Smoker" (cold smoker) for this. It sits on top of my smokers fire box where I placed a pizza pan on top of that as a shelf for the cold smoker.

Last year when Dollar Tree had back to school stuff I found a wire mesh letter tray to use for the body. I used some small bolts for legs, and the fine mesh screen from a splatter screen to line the letter tray. The maze was built with some scrap sheet metal strips and pop rivets. I fill this with pellets and ignite the pellets with a propane torch. It takes care of itself after that.

100_0694.JPG

Oww, sorry about your migraine taxy.

Our big rain yesterday was like that - two claps and a spit.

But today it was more like 6 claps and 10 minute rain. Not a soaker for sure but the cooling effect is very pleasant.

I have several blocks of cheese in my smoker and I'm cold smoking them with hickory wood pellets. Started at 1 pm today and will finish out between 9 pm to 11 pm I'm guessing. Extra Sharp Cheddar, Colby-Jack, a piece of Parmesan and a baby Swiss.

When it's done I'll vacuum seal them and age them in the fridge for a month at least.

I'm using my $2.50 home made knock off of an "A Maze-N Smoker" (cold smoker) for this. It sits on top of my smokers fire box where I placed a pizza pan on top of that as a shelf for the cold smoker.

Last year when Dollar Tree had back to school stuff I found a wire mesh letter tray to use for the body. I used some small bolts for legs, and the fine mesh screen from a splatter screen to line the letter tray. The maze was built with some scrap sheet metal strips and pop rivets. I fill this with pellets and ignite the pellets with a propane torch. It takes care of itself after that.

100_0694.JPG

Now that's creativity.:)

Munky.

I'm hiding in the semi dark with a migraine.

Taxy,
I'm sorry your still having a hard time with migraines.

Mine drive me crazy or scares me half to death. Pick one.
Depends on what I'm doing at the time it happens. It's not funny to have one come on suddenly while driving.Mine are ocular.

https://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/ocular-migraine.htm

What I've found that's helps quite a bit is staying out of brightly lit areas.
Afternoon sunlight.Hard to do living in Kalifornia.
I bought blackout curtains installed them throughout the house.
It hasn't stopped them from occurring,but it has helped to reduce them.

Munky.

My younger daughter just upgraded her smartphone from an iPhone X to an iPhone 11. Her job compensates her for her using her personal phone for work so she upgrades to keep current.

She gave me her iPhone X to replace my iPhone 6S. Just completed the transfer from old to new. Now I have facial recognition and can unlock my phone by looking at it.

Taxy,
I'm sorry your still having a hard time with migraines.

Mine drive me crazy or scares me half to death. Pick one.
Depends on what I'm doing at the time it happens. It's not funny to have one come on suddenly while driving.Mine are ocular.

https://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/ocular-migraine.htm

What I've found that's helps quite a bit is staying out of brightly lit areas.
Afternoon sunlight.Hard to do living in Kalifornia.
I bought blackout curtains installed them throughout the house.
It hasn't stopped them from occurring,but it has helped to reduce them.

Munky.
Sorry to hear you get something similar. So, you don't even get the pretty colours? Yeah, getting one while driving is scary.

Mine are visual, with pretty, scintillating scotoma. More often than not, I get a headache, but seldom one of the really horrible ones. I have been lucky. I have been getting these since 1992. I have only twice gotten one while driving. In one case, I could pull over immediately and wait it out. It lasted less than 15 minutes. The other one, I was stuck in a stop and go traffic jam on a downtown Montreal side street. By the time I got to the end of the block, it was over. Other than the weather, occasionally, I have not been able to ascertain any triggers. Yesterday, it was probably weather. The migraine started less than half an hour after I heard the thunder for our first thunder storm of the day. Once the migraine is going, any bright light or loud noises can be painful.

I have face ID on the Moto phone I got two years ago. I still use my finger to open my phone, though. I'm afraid that my phone won't open if I give it the stink eye one too many times. [emoji38]

I just got a phone call from my beautiful DIL who married my older son. She sent me a picture of the pretty flowers I sent for her 50th BIG birthday tomorrow. Unlike other flowers I've sent to people with flowers.com, and others, I wanted this to be really nice presentation, and not something she'd have to put together from a box with an enclosed vase. Because I had them sent from a good local florist, I naturally expected to pay more and I did, but I think I was ripped off for $70. What say you?

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_4446.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4446.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 107
I just got a phone call from my beautiful DIL who married my older son. She sent me a picture of the pretty flowers I sent for her 50th BIG birthday tomorrow. Unlike other flowers I've sent to people with flowers.com, and others, I wanted this to be really nice presentation, and not something she'd have to put together from a box with an enclosed vase. Because I had them sent from a good local florist, I naturally expected to pay more and I did, but I think I was ripped off for $70. What say you?

What says me personally...
If I had you as my MIL I'd cherish the thoughtfulness of you.
That vase would be placed in my china hutch, to be used only on special occasions. :wub:
Munky.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom