What have you had for a snack lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, msm, it doesn't HAVE to be Trader Joe's coffee ice cream. It HAS to be whatever the favorite root beer/ice cream combination is for the person enjoying the float. ;) I find both root beer and coffee ice cream to have very strong flavors. I'd be afraid they would be competing for my attention. To my taste buds, spicy root beer needs a creamy, good quality vanilla ice cream - and not a low-fat version! :yum:

Besides, I enjoy a root beer float (or a brown cow, made with Coke instead of root beer) when the temperatures are hot. Definitely not a winter drink. Since the nearest Trader Joe's is 25 miles away, using any of their ice creams in a float would be a sloppy idea. :LOL: I can get good ice cream four or six miles from home.
I meant for me it has to be ...

When I was a kid I hated root beer. I always had coke floats with vanilla ice cream. Mom sometimes had orange soda or cream soda with vanilla ice cream.

Last edited:
No, msm, it doesn't HAVE to be Trader Joe's coffee ice cream. It HAS to be whatever the favorite root beer/ice cream combination is for the person enjoying the float. ;) I find both root beer and coffee ice cream to have very strong flavors. I'd be afraid they would be competing for my attention. To my taste buds, spicy root beer needs a creamy, good quality vanilla ice cream - and not a low-fat version! :yum:

Besides, I enjoy a root beer float (or a brown cow, made with Coke instead of root beer) when the temperatures are hot. Definitely not a winter drink. Since the nearest Trader Joe's is 25 miles away, using any of their ice creams in a float would be a sloppy idea. :LOL: I can get good ice cream four or six miles from home.
Are there names for other soda/ice cream combos? What about Dr. Pepper and ice cream?

OK, msm, we're good. Just so long as I know you aren't heading to my house with coffee ice cream next time I make a root beer float, we can remain friends. ;) As for me, I lovelovelove coffee ice cream with chocolate fudge or hot fudge on top. *groan*

I never knew that a Coke float was called a “brown cow,”
It was a brown cow in the Cleveland, OH area. I'm sure other parts of the country had their own special names.
Are there names for other soda/ice cream combos? What about Dr. Pepper and ice cream?
Here ya go!
Old-Fashioned Floats: Brown Cows to Boston Coolers

WE MADE ICE CREAM FLOATS WITH 14 DIFFERENT SODAS, BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT WINNERS DO
I especially enjoyed the author's comments when she used Kombucha to make a float...

That's NOT what nurses call a brown cow...:rolleyes:

OK, msm, we're good. Just so long as I know you aren't heading to my house with coffee ice cream next time I make a root beer float, we can remain friends. ;) As for me, I lovelovelove coffee ice cream with chocolate fudge or hot fudge on top. *groan*

It was a brown cow in the Cleveland, OH area. I'm sure other parts of the country had their own special names.

Here ya go!
Old-Fashioned Floats: Brown Cows to Boston Coolers

WE MADE ICE CREAM FLOATS WITH 14 DIFFERENT SODAS, BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT WINNERS DO
I especially enjoyed the author's comments when she used Kombucha to make a float...
Why would anyone even think of mixing kombucha and ice cream? But yes, her comments were funny! I wonder why she omitted Dr. Pepper?

We had celebration cake after the Buckeyes' 45-24 championship win. Had they lost, we still would have had cake, but it would have been consolation cake.

Good thing these games come around only once a year. [emoji38] IMG_20181202_000107481.jpg

Just had a fresh, sliced up, crusty bun that I baked this morning, with olive oil and balsamic, some brie, smoked cheddar, olives, Moosehead beer..now back to work emptying the kitchen,,new floor goes in tomorrow..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom