What would you put on ham steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yummmm, cranberry chutney... sounds great!
Any chutney will liven it up, peach, apricot and of course, pineapple.

I’m fine with a plain ham steak and IMO leaving it plain leaves you with more possibilities for any leftovers.

If you can’t resist, a little maple flavored pancake syrup or brown sugar mixed with mustard is easy and usually found in most pantries.

I’m fine with a plain ham steak and IMO leaving it plain leaves you with more possibilities for any leftovers.

If you can’t resist, a little maple flavored pancake syrup or brown sugar mixed with mustard is easy and usually found in most pantries.
L/o ham can be shaved and made into the most wonderful BBQ ham for sandwiches! Maybe the best of both worlds: Use a sauce as a "dipping sauce" for the first round and then figure out what comes next IF there are any leftovers?

mustard? Anything to make it more appealing
I often cook mine with a little orange juice and brown sugar. It's delicious that way and you just cook it until it Cooks down and is sticking to the ham like a syrup would.

Mac and Cheese
Sounds logical.

I really don't like ham unless it is chopped up and used in an omelet or in soup, etc. I'd chop it up and use it as a topping for baked mac n cheese. I don't mind the flavor of ham (as long as it's not sweet like honey ham). It's a texture thing for me.

Red eye gravy. Simple recipe: Brown the ham on both sides, set it aside and deglaze the pan with a half cup of fresh brewed coffee. Cook down to desired thickness. Pour over ham steak.

Back
Top Bottom