What's for dinner, Friday, October 12th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael in FtW

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
A couple of leftover pieces of KFC chicken, some WalMart red potato salid, a couple of beers ... and the Cleveland Indians baseball game.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
We had chicken leg quarters, covered with barbecue sauce and baked, baked potatoes, and mixed vegetables.

:)Barbara

*amy*

Washing Up
I picked up a Roasted Duck Salad from my fave Thai restarant - thinly sliced roasted duck, mixed greens, slivered carrots, cashew nuts, basil, halved cherry tomatoes in a citrus lime sauce. My lips are still burning, but the salad was very good.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
Vera, your whole meal sounds wonderful, but I'm really curious about your mushrooms. Could you share a recipe please?

Michele, I hope the kids feel better and that you stay healthy!

Here, I had the exact opposite of Vera's--a good, greasy, cheese pizza. No salad or anything tonight, just lots of pizza!:pig::rolleyes:

Good morning PA Baker
I used dried cranberries, which I plumped in a bit of sauternes, on the stovetop. I roasted the hazelnuts, removed the skins, and chopped them finely with the cranberries. To that mixture, I added one anchovy (for the salt flavour and the oil content, and to compliment the nutty flavour of the hazelnuts) also finely chopped. I added a small amount of goat cheese to give the filling a creamier base, and a small amount of unseasoned bread crumbs. Sorry I don't have exact measurements...I was creating as I went along. I used baby bella mushrooms for their earthy flavour, knowing the filling was quite hardy in assorted flavours and textures. Then I popped them in the oven for about 15 minutes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom