What's for supper this lucky Friday 2021-08-13?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Cooked up some frozen store bought tortellini. I made a sauce of cream, garlic, anchovies, EVOO, crushed chilis, and a splash of white wine. I made a salad to go with that, which was dressed with my make-it-in-a-big-batch vinaigrette. That sauce is really tasty and goes well with stuffed pasta.

Tortellini with cream sauce and a salad.jpg

Pulled a recipe from the archives. Stuffed vegetables. It's a modification of a recipe from Penzeys. The stuffing includes ground pork, mushrooms, zucchini, onion, tomato, garlic and Penzeys Turkish Seasoning. That's a portobello, zucchini half and a cubanelle half on the plate.

09234D3F-397A-4055-A2BF-4BCBF18887DE_1_105_c.jpg

Last edited:
It hit 100F today!! Heat index 107F.

We made the stir-fry. Good thing I prepped everything early before it got to hot. It didn't take to long to cook.

Chicken and vegetable stir-fry and jasmine rice.

sub_gum_chicken_081321_IMG_8424.jpg

appi's

Had a couple of large mushroom caps, stuffed with some ground pork and creme cheese. 4 tempura shrimp (frozen appi's).
Chunks of Goat Brie, warmed and dipped in the left over dip from the appi's.

Not bad, no pics. :neutral:

I got the jump on Thursday's supper by making coleslaw and potato salad Wednesday night. However, I didn't have time to make the shrimp salad for sandwiches last night. Remedied that tonight. Dinner might have been rather beige, but it was tasty.

IMG_20210813_220201059.jpg

It has been so hot here lately that I really haven't wanted to do much cooking lately! However, yesterday I mixed up a large amount of that pasta salad, using up almost 3 lbs of tomatoes, a lot of basil, and some garlic, kalamata olives, anchovies, and some olive oil. I also added some cooked green beans, and a can of red kidney beans. I had to mix this in an 8 qt bowl, as I have about an 4 qt bowl leftover!
Pasta salad, with 2 beans, tomatoes, basil, garlic, kalamata olives, and anchovies. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Earlier, I made an Indian type dish, to use up a generous amount of okra I have harvested, getting about 4-5 per day. I put it in the wok, on the induction burner, and stirred occasionally, while getting everything measured out for my pickling, then snacked on it, while finishing the pickling (eventually I got 3 qts and 2 pts of cukes pickled).
Some Indian spices, cooked with some onion and garlic, ready for the okra. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished okra slices, sort of dry fried about 12 minutes, with the onion and tarka spices. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I'm married to a lapsed Catholic and the only custom we observe is the Friday fish dinner. We joined a community-supported fishery in Alaska, and get monthly boxes of frozen seafood: salmon, halibut, ling, rockfish, spot shrimp, crab, etc. This week I used rockfish (rather than the huachinango—red snapper— used in Mexico) to make Pescado a la Veracruzana— Veracruz-style fish.

The fillets are poached in court bouillion for 3-4 minutes, then placed in a baking dish and covered with the sauce: chopped onion, tomato, bell pepper, green olives with pimiento, and cilantro or parsley. It can also take sliced jalapeño or serrano peppers, but she likes it without.

350° for about 15 minutes (or until the fish flakes). Margaritas on the rocks.

LIKP5uZ.jpg

Mom had a Dr appointment at 3:15 yesterday afternoon, so we stopped after the appointment and got some BBQ and coleslaw at Food Lion after her appointment. That and potato chips for supper last night. Just TOO HOT to cook.

Back
Top Bottom