What's your silly food behavior you still carry from childhood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A story about my younger daughter's weird food reactions. As a young girl she had some very firm ideas about her food. She didn't like much and half a cheese sandwich was a staple in her diet. One afternoon we were having lunch together and she asked for a cheese sandwich. I put a slice of bread on her plate and a slice of cheese on top the proceeded to fold the combination in half to form a sandwich. She immediately started crying her eyes out! I had no idea what was going on. When she stopped drying she claimed I had made her sandwich wrong. I was supposed to fold the cheese in half FIRST then put it on the bread.

I finish off the nuts, replace the lid, and put the empty can back on the shelf! No matter whose house it is!! Why get picky over nuts ... they're all gone!!!
Don't ever do that at my house. I don't want to look in the cupboard and think there is a can of nuts, that has at least some nuts. Don't even put it back if there are only a few nuts left.

Don't ever do that at my house. I don't want to look in the cupboard and think there is a can of nuts, that has at least some nuts. Don't even put it back if there are only a few nuts left.
It has been my experience to find empty cans that someone else finished off. I'm not the only one!

And thanks for inviting me to your house!!!

Last edited:
It has been my experience to find empty cans that someone else finished off. I'm not the only one!

And thanks for inviting me to your house!!!
Not being the only one is no excuse. But, if you are ever in Greater Montreal, let me know. There's a good chance I'll invite you to supper.

Funny thread..
Soft boiled egg: you take a knife and carefully break the shell around 1 cm from the top. Then cut that piece off. You gotta be just above the yolk.
Put some salt on the cut off section and (tea)spoon it up. You eat that first.
Then salt in the yolk of the big part. And eat the yolk. After that, the rest of the egg.

And as a kid I would then turn the shell around in the egg holder and gave to one of my parents who would then proceed to treat the egg the same way and be very surprised there was no egg inside ;)

I haven't done this for some time now, but when I was younger, I used to love to sit on the back porch steps, eat watermelon and spit the seeds into the lawn.

Back
Top Bottom