What's your weather like right now? 2023 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not that cold here on the Island of Montreal. -1°C (30°F) currently. This is what the hourly forecast looks like. I'm glad I don't have to deal with rush hour. The temperatures in this screenshot are in Celsius.

1673560210437.png

Hey taxy... so is DH coming in by car or train?
He is home. He took the train. The snow made an absurd mess of the roads and traffic. Took longer than usual to get home from Dorval.

I'm glad that they decided that train was best. I wouldn't have wanted the bruver-in-law to have to drive back home to Cornwall in the worsening snow. They would have gotten to the Island about the same time and would have had to deal with the traffic mess here.

It finally got colder than normal here, but only 1°, and it will slowly get warmer again, though nothing forecast in the 60s again, like last week!

So, there's more snow. They are saying 15-30 cm of snow before it's over, sometime tomorrow afternoon or evening. They are saying the heaviest snow will be overnight. In that case I'm guessing that it will be more than 30 cm (12"). We took the garbage and recycling out at 22:15, according to the EXIF data on the photos. The pavement was down to mostly bare before the snow started. It looked like about 15 cm (6") when we were out. Here's a picture of the trail we made.

2023-01-25 Our trail from taking out recycling and garbage.jpg

Still haven't had anything more than a few flurries where I live in NY, so took advantage oof the little they got up here in Boston ( at a convention) and built myself a little ( very little, like 8 inches) snowman . Fir size reference, each segment is no bigger than a tennis ball, and the eyes are acorn bottoms.

Attachments

• Snowman.png
    Snowman.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
Love your snowman Larry!
Snow has stopped for now. Just little snow showers from here on in... til Sunday. Then expecting another 6" or so. Best get the rest of the driveway done before then. All I have to do is get up out'a this chair. 'sigh'

After reading the snow and cold reports from you all, I won't complain about our cold weather--9a.m. and it's 36 degrees, with a high predicted of 48. Okay, that sounded like a complaint (which it is). After being in Texas for several years, I don't handle cold well any longer.

We got about 1¼" of rain yesterday, and it stopped overnight, but today it is very windy, though a few degrees above average, still. I was going to replace a windshield wiper when I got back today, but the wind was wicked, so I'll wait for better weather. Only one day of January was below average, and that was just one degree, so I won't complain!

Dragnlaw, come stay with us in Texas. We don't have snow, just a bit of rain. You won't have to lift a hand (sorry about that) and you can teach me the finer points of cooking while sitting in the kitchen and having a glass of wine.
When you heal, you can go back home with our blessings!

Careful Marlin! I might not leave! ;)

Thanks guys, hugs appreciated. We'll get there, just gonna take longer than anticipated.

As of now, Sunday morning, 7:30am, we're supposed to get another 4" or so (a bit fell yesterday evening too). There might also be some rain. Which means I will have to keep shoveling all that light crap so it doesn't become waterlogged and crusty. :mad: and my hands actually felt a bit better this morning... :furious:
I hope there is another can of beans in the pantry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom