Dinner Friday 18th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My husband does that too :LOL: And If I make something he doesn't feel like he complains. Men!

We're actually having a Vienna sausage and elbow macaroni bake with roasted veggies.
Fortunately mine never complains. :cool: He did learn to let me know if he really doesn't care for something though because, as I explained to him when he kept saying he liked everything, if he says he likes it he's going to get it again. :LOL:

Our plans have changed for tonight. We will put the steak off until tomorrow and spend the evening at our friends' as usual. :rolleyes:

Broiled Angus prime ribeye, baked crinckle cut fries, leafy green salad with blue cheese dressing tonight. Pork hocks with sauerkraut and home baked rye bread tomorrow. Pastrami on home baked rye bread on 5 and or 6 February.

For our Indian takeaway last night we shared Butter Chicken and Chicken Kadi and some Keema naan :yum:

I'm going to make that Greek pasta with scallops that I did not get to last night. Along with some bruschetta.

Corn Pudding is in the oven so it's hamburgers tonight. Just need to decide if I'm going to broil them or skillet fry them.

I feel a little like a yo-yo right now! Our plans have changed again. Back to the original dinner plan, which is steak and the trimmings. :wacko:

i stopped back at the tenafly diner. the burger the other day was so good i had to see if it was a fluke.

i ordered today's special: a "short rib burger".

8ozs of ground chuck topped with cheddar, sauteed mushrooms, raw onions, and short rib meat (from the daily special) on a brioche roll with a side of fries.

they just asked if i ordered a regular cheeseburger and the place is really busy, so i'm sure they'll get it wrong. details to follow

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 146
We went to the local Thai place and shared an order of chicken satay, Tom Kha soup with shrimp, and sesame chicken salad.

We had browned smoked sausages simmered on a bed of onions, sliced potatoes and sauerkraut. I would have loved to have had a fresh sliced summer tomato. sigh
We did have a green salad.

I found a lamb blade steak in the reduced bin for $3, it was big enough to make two servings for me. Cooked med rare, a baked potato with butter salt and pepper and apple slices.

Back
Top Bottom