Dinner May 8, Thursday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:mrgreen:

i love chicken parm.

i love it so much that when i had my wisdom teeth out and my mom made it that night for dinner, i put it into a blender with a lot of sauce and ate it with a spoon.

pound breasts evenly thin, to about 1/4". dip in beaten eggs blended with a little milk, press in italian seasoned bread crumbs, fry in evoo.
put a good layer of sauce in the bottom of a baking dish, nestle the chicken halfway into the sauce (but not so as they're swimming), top with grated parm and mozzarella, and bake at 350 until the cheese melts and is bubbling.

yum.

Tonight is just me -(dh went back to the lake, I go when its warmer) !:-p
Sooooooooo I am making fried catfish, fries, corn on the cob and small salad.

Fried Catfish!!!!!! :ohmy: Miss Barb..I so hate to see a lady dine alone...So I think I shall join you for dinner tonight if that meets with your satisfaction?

I am going to try to make use of some stuff we have around.

We have a couple long loaves of bread and I have previously made some roasted eggplant/red pepper spread and some stewed roma tomatoes.

I picked up some mozzarella and asagio cheese and some fresh basil and sliced pepperoni and it is going to be "french" bread pizza night.

easy easy easy I have had too much on my plate lately to do anything complicated.

We're on our way out of town around 6, so will pick up something on the way to PA. We're driving up the Eastern Shore of Va. and Md., so may be slim pickins. But we have a car full of snacks for the kayaking-biking we're doing this weekend - if the weather will halfway cooperate.

We're on our way out of town around 6, so will pick up something on the way to PA. We're driving up the Eastern Shore of Va. and Md., so may be slim pickins. But we have a car full of snacks for the kayaking-biking we're doing this weekend - if the weather will halfway cooperate.

I'll wave as you head up 95 and loop the beltway!! Drive safe!

We are having sauerkraut and country ribs with mashed potatoes. I made a rhubarb crisp this morning for dessert. I think I will have it on a bowl of ice cream. Umm.

:mrgreen:

i love chicken parm.

i love it so much that when i had my wisdom teeth out and my mom made it that night for dinner, i put it into a blender with a lot of sauce and ate it with a spoon.

pound breasts evenly thin, to about 1/4". dip in beaten eggs blended with a little milk, press in italian seasoned bread crumbs, fry in evoo.
put a good layer of sauce in the bottom of a baking dish, nestle the chicken halfway into the sauce (but not so as they're swimming), top with grated parm and mozzarella, and bake at 350 until the cheese melts and is bubbling.

yum.

At the restaurant we used to use panko crumbs and lay a thin slice of eggplant between the chicken (after frying) and the cheese, drizzle it with sauce and put it under the salamander for a few minutes. It was a hit on the menu and with the staff! And you don't even have to like eggplant to enjoy it!

I'm thinking of having wings, too, babe.
I don't feel like frying them, so will probably just dump them on the grill (indirect and low) until they thaw. Then sauce them up and get them over a low flame. I'll be having carrots, celery (if it's still good) and blue cheese dip with mine.

I'm thinking of having wings, too, babe.
I don't feel like frying them, so will probably just dump them on the grill (indirect and low) until they thaw. Then sauce them up and get them over a low flame. I'll be having carrots, celery (if it's still good) and blue cheese dip with mine.

sounds great, i am going to coat in dixie fry and bake them. less cal. than fried. i don't bother with grilling almost anything ie outside. that said i do grill on stove top

babe:cool::cool:

One wants grilled chicken, so the thighs are on the grill. The other want fettucine alfredo, so , I'll make that. Round it out with a salad, some cut veggies, and dinner's done!

Pork vegetable soup with spatzle. Once the spatzle is done, I'll "stew" it with pork mushroom gravy. A hunk of crusty bread, a slab of good cheese and there is dinner.

We had lunch at Red Lobster today. I had Seafood-stuffed Mushrooms, a cheddar/herb biscuit, Ceasar Salad, and the Ultimate feast with Shrimp Scampi, fried butterflied shrimp, crab legs, lobster tail and baked potato.

The crab legs were overcooked and a little fishy smelling, but the rest was good.

I bought crab legs for DH, who had dental work done today. Not sure what I'll have yet!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom