Dinner Today? 5/24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Since everyone has been eating lot's of sammies around here, dinner tonight will be a little more knife and fork instead of fingers and chin dribbles:LOL:
Since it's so beautiful, we will be grilling some thick rib eye steaks I've got rubbed with evoo, and lots of black pepper and some salt.When done will put a pat of gorgonzola butter on each steak. Will add some corn on the cob and have some garlic and cream going to make garlic mashed potatoes, YUP corn and potatoes:wacko: Have torn up the lettuce and cut up some tomatoes,onion rings,cucumber, avocado to be added later, as will be some glazed walnuts and dried cranberries. Have a big loaf of ciabatta that I cut in half the long way, coated with melted butter and crushed garlic, then I snipped up some parsley,basil, a little mint and sprinkled that over the top of the garlic butter, put the thing back together and wrapped in foil to grill later. Dessert I made some cream puff dough yesterday and made one big circle out of it and baked, then sliced it open to dry. Will add sweetened whipped cream and some sliced fresh strawberries, serve it cut into pie slices..and that is it:LOL:
What are you planning?

kadesma

Last edited:
CJ, your menu makes me tired AND hungry. Dh is still at the farm, so I will have some boiled shrimp and a salad. I've really enjoyed this "not cooking" thing. I may try it when he gets back (NOT).

We're having spicy lime grilled chicken. I put it in the marinade this morning. I made a red skinned potato salad last night and am planning to stir fry some snow peas. We may just eat at the picnic table in the yard too. It's so gorgeous in the evenings here right now!

I am making pork chop suey over rice w/rice noodles on top. Dessert is caramel cake w/crm cheese frosting I made yesterday -Yum.

1 Kilo of new Jersey Mids, 8 Lamb chops and a litre of gravy (between two).

Now you know why I only eat Once a day :D

Salmon bake with pecan crunch and honey mustard, asparagus, snap peas, and lemon rosemary rice (packaged)

I will probably order a beef shawarma at the lebanese/american shop down the street from us.

I"m on call at my work at night and ended up working from 10:30pm until 4am and still have to take care of 1 year old all day. Needless to say, I'm not cooking anything.

I'm leaving chicken cordon bleu, spinach salad and likely either pasta or rice for dinner. I'm taking some of my soup to work with me for dinner. Mmmmmmmmm!

We're having the leftover Sour Cream Salsa Chicken over corn torillas, salad, more sour cream, black beans, salsa and cheese.

Just took some whole wheat dinner rolls out of the oven, the baked sweet potato is not done yet, DH will be late, don't know what else we will have, am off to water some in the garden, gosh is it dry, dry, dry here.

Last edited:
I have a dinner meeting to go to tonight. I think I ordered the chicken ...
Now that's just sad.

I went to the produce market and picked up huge avocados and garden fresh tomatoes. I have romaine and onions and jalapenos at home so I think it'll be tacos for dinner. And no work tomorrow so my holiday weekend starts now.

I made a big pot of chicken with celery, carrots, rice etc. and I will be having that for dinner.

I can freeze the rest for another time.

I'm cooking country style ribs, (yep the real one's, not the "country style ribs cut from the shoulder" that they usually sell around here). With black beans and some sort of green veg.

Everyone's dinners sound so good this evening! We had grilled chicken with a balsamic/yogurt marinade, baked sweet potatoes, corn on the cob (yep, we did it too, kads!:LOL: ) which was only so-so:( , and petite peas.

Beth, it's really dry here already, too! We'd re-seeded parts of the yard a couple weeks ago so we've been watering more than normal on top of it. I can't imagine what our water bill will be like this month.:ohmy:

Well, all the goodies are going to be had tomorrow..While I was blow drying my hair this morning,DH wrapped up everything,put it in the refrigerator..When done, he casually said lets go buy Ethans birthday present, so I put on a face,changed my cloths and off we went..Straight out of town to Half Moon Bay over by San Francisco..He had called ahead to Mezzaluna restaurant and we had reservations..So dinner was at 2 this afternoon and we had a hot dog for dinner, all eaten out and I didn't have to lift a finger...My dinner was so good, petrale sole with a butter,white wine,lemon and toasted almonds, tiny still cruncy but cooked green beans, and quartered and well browned red baby potatoes, plus we shared a ceasar salad first..It was so nice and quiet and something I needed.I'd had a big fat run in and over with my endo last week and had been really troubled by it..DH, felt I just needed to forget her and her little snide remarks and you know what? I did...I had decided what to do about her and I can now breath without feeling like I'm choking..YEA!!!!!
DH, Had pork tenderloin stuffed with smoked mozz and served with a white wine sauce and beautiful sliced mushroom, green beans and potatoes like mine..Right now, I'm stuffed and for the first time in a week at ease...
Thanks for listening..
kadesma

kadesma said:
Well, all the goodies are going to be had tomorrow..While I was blow drying my hair this morning,DH wrapped up everything,put it in the refrigerator..When done, he casually said lets go buy Ethans birthday present, so I put on a face,changed my cloths and off we went..Straight out of town to Half Moon Bay over by San Francisco..He had called ahead to Mezzaluna restaurant and we had reservations..So dinner was at 2 this afternoon and we had a hot dog for dinner, all eaten out and I didn't have to lift a finger...My dinner was so good, petrale sole with a butter,white wine,lemon and toasted almonds, tiny still cruncy but cooked green beans, and quartered and well browned red baby potatoes, plus we shared a ceasar salad first..It was so nice and quiet and something I needed.I'd had a big fat run in and over with my endo last week and had been really troubled by it..DH, felt I just needed to forget her and her little snide remarks and you know what? I did...I had decided what to do about her and I can now breath without feeling like I'm choking..YEA!!!!!
DH, Had pork tenderloin stuffed with smoked mozz and served with a white wine sauce and beautiful sliced mushroom, green beans and potatoes like mine..Right now, I'm stuffed and for the first time in a week at ease...
Thanks for listening..
kadesma

That sounds wonderful!

Salad: Baby greens mix with chopped hard boiled egg, shredded ham, shredded turkey, shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheeses, Thousand Island dressing, and cheese & garlic croutons.

Back
Top Bottom