do you eat typical meals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
do you do the cereal for breakfast,-sandwich for lunch,-lasagne for dinner thing?

or are you an atypical eater?

i'm along the lines of the atypical eater...
ginger ale for breakfast, then jolly ranchers for lunch and a bite of cheese, a few olives, and a glass ( bottle ;) ) of wine for dinner.
i'm definately not a typical eater.
i'm a snacker and would much prefer to stay that way.
are you typical or atypical?

I would say that I am a combo. For example, here is what I ate today.

cereal for breakfast with coffee, cheese and crackers for a mid morning snack, chili, garlic bologna sandwich and coleslaw for lunch with a C2 Coke, carrots and a cup of soup for an afternoon snack, chicken wings and salad for dinner with water

Typically, I snack throughout the day. I would rather eat a bunch of small meals then a few big ones.

i have worked crazy hours for more than 17 years, so i have gotten used to eating and sleeping at weird times.
i have more than once had a steak and potato and a beer, or pizza, or chinese food at 8am after a midnight shift.
since dinner is always the biggest, most elaborate, and best meal of the day, i have always liked to eat dinner type meals no matter what time it is. i am the king of leftovers.

can't say i haven't had a couple of drinks at 8 a.m., Buckytom, lol... ;)

Definitely not. Do not like cereal, and if I am going to eat egg type stuff prefer it later in the day. I have insomniac tendencies, and prefer a bowl of soup in the wee hours if I'm going to eat "breakfast". Then when I come home from a workout or get hungry again (late morning) will want a bowl of pasta or a big salad. Then I do want a more or less traditional 'supper'.

Claire said:
Definitely not. Do not like cereal, and if I am going to eat egg type stuff prefer it later in the day. I have insomniac tendencies, and prefer a bowl of soup in the wee hours if I'm going to eat "breakfast". Then when I come home from a workout or get hungry again (late morning) will want a bowl of pasta or a big salad. Then I do want a more or less traditional 'supper'.

finally, someone else who doesn't like cereal :D .
special K and rice Krispies are okay, i guess.

Not sure where I fit in. There's days....few and far between that I may fix me a bowl of oatmeal and toast or whip me up an egg or something. Usually I don't eat breakfast though. It depends on my day and what all it involves as to whether I eat lunch or not. If so its usually a sandwich or something like that. If I work day shift 7a-3p and end up staying till 7pm I may not eat till I get home and that could be anything. I fix supper for my family but depending on if I'm working I may not eat it since I'm not home. Mind boggling isn't it......you should hear what my stomach has to say about it. Generally I'm a one meal kind of gal and maybe a snack sometime in the day. The thing I faithfully consume is my 2-3 cups of hot tea in the AM.

luvs_food said:
do you do the cereal for breakfast,-sandwich for lunch,-lasagne for dinner thing?

ginger ale for breakfast, then jolly ranchers for lunch and a bite of cheese, a few olives, and a glass ( bottle ;) ) of wine for dinner.

you forgot popsicles for dinner. :LOL:

it depends.. I'm not a typical eater at all. I guess on weekends i'm a typical eater.

Juliev said:
luvs_food said:

you forgot popsicles for dinner. :LOL:

it depends.. I'm not a typical eater at all. I guess on weekends i'm a typical eater.

just had my daily popsicles, :D, brrrr.

luvs_food said:
Claire said:

finally, someone else who doesn't like cereal :D .
special K and rice Krispies are okay, i guess.

Add another non cereal eats to your list :) I am not much for breakfast foods at all. I hate eggs in any way, shape, or form, so that is very limiting in the traditional breakfast choices. I usually skip breakfast unless I am working from home. If I do that then I might have some waffles. Lunch is either leftovers from last night, a sandwich, or a sub from the pizza place down the street from my office. Sometimes I go out to a sit down place for lunch too when I have $ burning a hole in my pocket. Dinner can be anything from an extravagant meal to leftovers, to snacks depending on my energy level at the end of the day.

energy definately dictates what you eat... good call, GB.
if i have it in me, we'll have an extremely impressive meal, complete with monogrammed linen napkins and fine wine, but if i'm really tired, saltines and coors light are about the best you can expect.

I love cereal, i could eat all day long...normally I skip breakfast, I try not to because I have a 3 yr old and i dont want her to get into that habit. So if i do eat it then it is something along the lines of bread, cheese, tea or coffee if i can take the acid indegestion it gives me :(

Lunch is leftovers from dinner the night before or salad.

I like cooking so i make lots of different stuff for dinner, growing up our main staple was white rice almost every night...i still love it but wont make it every night! :D

I ALWAYS eat breakfast. I ALWAYS drink coffee in the morning. About five times a week I like cereal and orange juice with my coffee as breakfast.

For lunch I sometimes eat leftovers - leftovers from the previous night's dinner. Sometimes I do the dashboard-dining-thing (I eat lunch while driving) and I pack in a large baggie some slices of fruit and/or vegetables with nuts or sometimes a banana and a sandwich. If I'm eating at home I more often than not eat a sandwich but sometimes I'll eat some canned soup or some homemade bean soup.

For dinner we have a casserole with a salad or meat, fish, poultry entree with a vegetable. Some recent dinner menus - chili and cornbread, or hamburgers with green beans and sherbert, or chicken cooked with noodles and peas, or shepherd's pie with a salad........

Sometimes I make part of my dinner in the morning ie. if we have salmon patties I assemble the patties and refrigerate them or I cook rice I'll use later or I make a jello salad in the morning. I've already put together a meatloaf for tomorrow night's dinner so I'm preparing twenty four hours ahead of time our entree.

Here's what I had to eat today. (You decide if I'm a "typical" eater...) I had French toast with maple syrup, orange juice, and coffee for breakfast. For lunch I had leftover tuna, pasta, mayo, egg, and pea salad - we had it last night for dinner with apple juice for my beverage. I ate some leftover-from-last-night bowl of apple, pineapple, and orange slices. For dinner I made some pork with rice and onions in barbecue sauce along with steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and red onions and for a beverage I drank some milk.

you sound like a typical eater to me, honeybee!
in contrast to you, i had freeze-pops, 1/2 a can of Ensure, then i finished the Ensure. i had started to make parmesan and parslied angelhair, but got full and stashed it in the fridge.
i don't eat very normally. :)

Back
Top Bottom