Fishy Friday - 7/9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Tilapia Fillets in the Air Fryer, with Orange Sauce, Black Beans & Rice, Steamed Brussels sprouts..........

Tilapia Filets .jpg

I retrieved a loaf pan of Luca Lazzari's lasagna from our freezer and had that with a salad for dinner. SO had crab cakes and a salad.

Attachments

• DEE8137B-9325-4465-851D-EFA6CA70FE9A_1_105_c.jpg
    DEE8137B-9325-4465-851D-EFA6CA70FE9A_1_105_c.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 52
DH grilled burgers tonight. They were dressed the same, except I used old fashioned, seedy mustard and he used yellow mustard. DH's were also well done and mine was medium rare. Also, he had two and I had one. We each had a garlic dill pickle. They were on sesame kaiser buns with mayo, mustard, onion, lettuce, and pickled hot pepper. Gotta get that grilling done when the weather cooperates.

My burger:

Grilled burger on sesame kaiser bun with mayo, seedy mustard, onion, lettuce, and pickled hot pe.jpg

Chef Michael Symon had posted a photo of a scallop dish ages ago, but no recipe. All the caption said was scallops with speck and butter beans. I finally got around to trying to make it tonight. When I asked Himself what he thought he said "this is delicious!" Wow, I don't get "delicious" often. Need to figure out how to get the beans saucier, though - the second photo is from Symon. We also had salads, of course.
IMG_20210709_211614171.jpg
View attachment 47697

Chef Michael Symon had posted a photo of a scallop dish ages ago, but no recipe. All the caption said was scallops with speck and butter beans. I finally got around to trying to make it tonight. When I asked Himself what he thought he said "this is delicious!" Wow, I don't get "delicious" often. Need to figure out how to get the beans saucier, though - the second photo is from Symon. We also had salads, of course.
View attachment 47696
View attachment 47697

CG, where's that second photo? :wacko:
When I "click" on the "attachment" it says contact admin

K-Girl, I can't answer your question. I can see both photos on my phone and tablet. I did have to add it after I first posted, though, so maybe you got caught in between? Just for you, I'll try again:
Screenshot_20210709-210904.jpg

Son is making kabobs on th Traeger. The skewers have beef, brat slices, cherry tomato, onion, pineapple, and mushrooms. I made a side of honey-glazed carrots, and StoveTop.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I waited out a Summer Monsoon storm and made this:

IMG_0711.jpg

Kara'age (Japanese-Style Fried Chicken)
My Quick Cucumber Kim Chee (or kimchi, which ever)
and the ever present steamed White Rice topped with
Furikake (which is a new to us brand that we're not wild about)
and Aloha Brand Shoyu (Soy Sauce)
:yum:

*Note: I use my deep-fryer outside, in the yard, this is why I waited. It keeps all of the smells and stray popping grease out of the house. :idea:

Not too sure about dessert ...

Decided to cook sweet potatoes and Yukon golds in the solar oven, but it was partly cloudy, so I started early.

yBSMFM3.jpg

It's an evacuated glass tube (like a Thermos), the Fusion made by GoSun. Works a treat.

aZgOmrN.jpg

You can fold the reflector and keep food warm for hours. There's also a 12V electric element for cooking when there's no sun.

Anyhow, the potatoes came out perfect, tender and moist. I popped some in the toaster oven with a spray of oil and a sprinkle of kosher salt, to crisp. Dinner was Alaska rockfish, peas with mushrooms and minced garlic, and the twice-cooked sweet potatoes.

WkwkmXx.jpg

Glass of Mud House New Zealand sauvignon blanc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom