Food prices survey - Help needed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marmalady

Executive Chef
HI, all - hubbie and I need your help in looking at food prices in your neck (s) of the woods, to see if they're rising and by how much. His morning radio show has been talking about the gas prices, and I'm expecting we'll all see a hike in food costs (along with all goods) shortly, as the gas prices force these costs up.

I already have seen a hike in half and half from $3.95 a half gallon last week, to $4.59 this week! And zucchini yesterday was $1.99 a pound - that's winter prices!

Anything you've noticed and would like to comment on would be greatly appreciated - we'll even mention the site on the air!

As far as I can tell, everything has gone up at the grocery store.There still are some good sales but don't run to town now just for a few things because of the price of gas.We live in Northern Minnesota.

Hi Marm,

What kind of radio show does he have?

I have not noticed a chance in prices here. As far as I can tell, prices have stayed the same on the items I buy regularly.

Moved to Today's Menu and Food Talk

Last edited:
Tx, PA!

GB, he's one of those wacky morning show guys - here's their website - it's the 'Chris and Kato show' - hubbie is Kato, and he's the one who does all the goofy songs! Never a dull moment. http://www.coast925.com/

They've been doing a lot of local topics, especially with Katrina and related stories; when I came home from the store Saturday and told him about the price hikes I saw, he asked if I could mention it here to see what's happening cross-country.

The only things that I have noticed a price change is all the dairy products
The cheap brand of milk is $3.69 a gallon, margarine is now $2.39, all the cheeses are just ridiculous. I know that beef is up too, but, that may be from the loss caused by the madcow, but, still expensive.
OH wait, coffee has jumped unbeleivabley high, last month, I bought a 1 lb can of Maxwell House for 2.19 and last week, the same was 3.29.

Marm, I kept an eye out, but nothing caught my eye as having spiked from last week. I've been working hard though to buy things on sale so that may have been part of it. A half gallon of skim milk is $1.43. I'm sure we'll see a jump soon across the board--I heard two of the store managers talking about it and managing customer complaints.

I'll let you know if anything changes.

Back
Top Bottom