ISO Ideas for St Patrick's Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimbaby

Executive Chef
I am not Irish but I would love to cook some tradtional st.pattys day foods, I know about corn beef & cabbage, but what else can I make for st.pattys day????? any ideas tips would be apperichated :)

How about Shepherd's pie or lamb stew? Did you know that, supposedly, there are no snakes in Ireland and that is attributed to St Patrick? Just heard that today...wonder if it's true! I may join you and celebrate St Patrick with a fine meal! I'll have to check out Debbie's website!

Green beer and a Shamrock hat:chef: Also, if you make the corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, there is a thing you can do with the leftovers called red flannel hash. Its basically mashing all those things together, and frying it up. Maybe Buckytom can help?:)

Red flannel hash is a lot of potato and onion, a little corned beef, and -- a beet or two. The beets give it that color. If there's such a thing as a recipe for it, I'm sure it is in Joy of Cooking. The emphasis for any hash is the root vegetables. The red comes from a beet tossed into the mix.

Back
Top Bottom