Saturday Supper, August 25th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Picked up some Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki at Costco. I have some ground chicken to flavor with it and will be serving over steamed cabbage and carrots.

Oh, and Costco has pumpkin pies again...'tis almost the season.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Picked up some Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki at Costco. I have some ground chicken to flavor with it and will be serving over steamed cabbage and carrots.

Oh, and Costco has pumpkin pies again...'tis almost the season.

Oooh, LOVE Soy Vay!

Hey! I bought some Canadian link sausage today! :chef:
I haven't had breakfast since I ate the bad egg about six months ago and felt like going all out tomorrow morning, so that means Bob Evans sausage along with the usual breakfast fare. Nice to see some links in anticipation :yum:

Hmmm, tonight though... I've kinda munched all day long, sandwiches, cold leftover wings... I did take something out of the freezer that I'm hoping is some kind of red gravy, maybe the puttanesca I made a while back. It was too early to tell about 2:00 today :rolleyes: and it's getting late. If I eat I'll let you know ;)

pacanis said:
Hmmm, tonight though... I've kinda munched all day long, sandwiches, cold leftover wings... I did take something out of the freezer that I'm hoping is some kind of red gravy, maybe the puttanesca I made a while back. It was too early to tell about 2:00 today :rolleyes: and it's getting late. If I eat I'll let you know ;)

Offer still stands, Pac. We will pool our resources and send you a roll of masking tape and a Sharpie.

Last edited:
You're too kind, Dawg :LOL:
I'm pretty sure it isn't beef gravy this time ;)
But just in case, I have six fresh hoagie rolls to sop it up with :pig:

We ended up having steak and broccoli salad.

I didn't get the wings out soon enough. We are going out to dinner tomorrow for DH's birthday but they are frozen solid so thawing them in the fridge they should be ready for Monday!

39817-albums888-picture5038.jpg

Oh my. Wonderful, S&P!

And I would jump in that boat, Steve! :yum:

Last edited:
I brought in some wild goldenrod from the garden, and promptly sent it back outside. People get some crazy notion this plant causes "hayfever". It doesn't. It just coincides with hayfever season. It is a wonderful, feathery yellow color, with some green in the fronds as well, just right for this time of year, ...
Goldenrod tends to be tall, so people sneeze, look around, and see goldenrod. But, goldenrod is a large plant and has huge pollen. The pollen is so big and heavy it falls straight down, no floating on the breezes or getting up anyone's nose.

We had steaks on the grill at a friend's house. They were really good as were the roasted vegis, salad, and baked potatoes. The homemade cheesecake was good too. It was a lovely afternoon and evening.

That sounds like one fabulous meal Taxy :chef:

I so love homemade cheesecake :yum:

+1.

salt and pepper, looks delicious. what is that in the middle?

since we had a big hunk of roast beef leftover from the other day, i decided to make nyc style cheesesteaks, a.k.a. a balboa.

img_1180683_0_79eaa4fb1ecde828bd7e0b2b69358573.jpg

i made a compound butter out of chopped garlic, dried oregano, dried parsley, fresh basil, and of course softened butter. that was spread on a split italian loaf, toasted until the butter melted in, then chopped roast beef, raw red onion, and american cheese was placed on top and it was toasted again to melt the cheese. man, it was good!

Back
Top Bottom