Supper, Monday 2020-02-10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We had pulled pork sandwiches on whole grain baguette and salad with ranchoid dressing. The pulled pork was from the place I get my weekly produce box. It was much more interesting than the last store bought pulled pork I bought. It's pretty darned good with some hot sauce and HP Sauce added. I guess the garlic powder didn't hurt.

What did you have for supper?

We have leftover French onion soup and chicken-and-barley stew. Both self-serve. Guess first one to the fridge gets their choice! :LOL: At least there is definitely enough onion soup for two.

We had to run some errands yesterday, so we stopped at our favorite seafood place. Mom got fried oysters and scallops with fries and cole slaw. I got broiled shrimp and scallops with rice and corn nuggets.

Last night I made IP stuffed artichokes and IP corned beef, cabbage and potatoes.

After spending three hours at the dentist's office yesterday afternoon, I was in no mood for cooking, so we had leftovers from Sunday - grilled chicken and Greek chicken, egg and lemon soup. I did make fresh salads. DH picked up some cottage cheese, so I added a scoop of that with salt and pepper.
0210202006.jpg0210202030b.jpg

Leftovers after this ....

I made flap steak with roasted fingerling potatoes and creamed skillet spinach. Probably will reheat the leftover steak a couple of times, then there will still be lots of leftover steak, so I will be researching leftovers!

...DH picked up some cottage cheese, so I added a scoop of that with salt and pepper...

Try some Greek Seasoning ( Spice House, Penzeys, homemade, doesn't matter) on cottage cheese. Delish! And would have gone with your dinner.

Good luck with recovering from the trip to the dentist.

I just found this about good uses for super food cottage cheese, so thought I'd pass it on.

Here are some creative ways to eat cottage cheese:

• Pancakes or waffles. Mix it into the batter as a substitute for milk.
  • Salads. Add it to your favorite salads for extra protein.
  • Fruit. Mix it with fruits like berries, sliced bananas, peach slices, mandarin wedges, and melon chunks.
  • Granola. Top it with granola and drizzle it with honey.
  • Sour cream substitute. It works well as a sour cream substitution.
  • Dipping sauces. Mix it into dipping sauces as a substitute for milk.
  • Smoothies. Blend it with some milk and fruits for a fruit smoothie.
  • Toast. It makes a creamy, protein-rich spread.
  • Baked goods. Bake it into muffins, cakes, bread, or dinner rolls.
  • Mayo substitute. Spread it on sandwiches or use it in recipes.
  • Scrambled eggs. It'll give your eggs an extra creamy texture.
  • Lasagna. Use it as a substitute for ricotta cheese. (my favorite)

Back
Top Bottom