The Monday After Dinner Thread 4/5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Chili con Carne with Cheddar, Red Onion, Macaroni salad with Red Pepper & Bacon Bits...

Chili con Queso with Red Onion .jpg

DH didn't get enough sleep, so his stomach is "delicate". I made a country omelette with feta and chopped scallions. I served it with wholewheat "miche" (country style, round loaf).

While scrolling through Facebook, a "Sponsored" post showed up telling me that Pizzaria Uno had a BOGO offer for their deep dish pizzas. It's been quite a while since we had their restaurant pizzas, usually picking up the take-and-bake version from the grocery store. Today was the last day for the offer, so Himself is currently heading out to the local Uno's near us. Two medium pizzas, along with the current leftovers in the fridge, should take us through the rest of the week. Cook's week off!

Stomach was a little messed up yesterday so I deferred my Sunday dinner to today.

Pan roasted duck breast, bulgar pilaf and brussels sprouts.

968516BE-65D0-4E64-A1DF-B1D127324877_1_105_c.jpg

Monday dinner was little different from Easter dinner. Roasted chicken, stuffing on the side, mashed with homemade gravy (no lumps), oven roasted asparagus and carrots. Yesterday desserts we both strawberry shortcake and cheesecake even though it was just the two of us. Repeat desserts later this evening.

It's still too much food, some kind of casserole tomorrow, me thinks,

Last edited:
I had a long meeting yesterday afternoon, then went grocery shopping, so I didn't have many spoons. So we ate out of the freezer and pantry yesterday - thawed frozen spaghetti sauce + thawed frozen bell) roasted bell peppers with spaghetti and homemade rolls.
20210405_204255.jpg

Back
Top Bottom