Thursday's Dinner - 5/26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Chicken & Gravy Rice Bowl with Peas & Scallions.... .
Tomato Salad...

Chicken & Rice Bowl 5-26-22.jpg

Went to our favorite Asian Bistro

IMG_1704.jpg

I ordered something different this time,
Mixed Vegetables with Shrimp (there were only 5 but pretty big)
Very tasty.
Served with a bowl of Rice on the side,
I only ate half and took the rest home.

IMG_1705.jpg

DH ordered Pork and Vegetable Dumplings and is usual Maki Sushi of 2 Cucumber and 1 Salmon roll, which comes with a bowl of Miso Soup.
I get the Tofu in the bowl since he doesn't care for that.
I didn't snap a photo `cuz my food came first and I was too busy

Baked pork chops on top of scalloped potatoes, green salad with dijon red wine vinaigrette. We received a bag of brussel sprouts with our grocery delivery the other day, not ordered nor charged for them, So I pan roasted some of these for dinner too.

Tonight I made Shrimp Pad Thai. It's been a long time! Delicious as always!

IMG_0100.jpg

Last edited:
Whole wheat spaghetti, tomato mushroom sauce, ww bread broiled with lemon garlic tofu cream sauce, nutritional yeast.

We made sandwiches for supper. I put out some cold cuts, some wholewheat baguettes, Wasa knækbrød (crispy rye), mayo, pickles, seedy Dijon mustard, some Mamirolle cheese, some extra creamy blue cheese, Polish sausage, ham, chicken salad (it had been winking at me every time I opened the fridge door), and lettuce. We assembled sandwiches at the table. That was an easy way to deal with supper when I'm suffering the after effects of yesterday's migraine (postdrome).

The blue cheese is a Danish one. I had tried some a few years ago and thought it was divine. But, the stores weren't carrying it anymore. This one, with a new name, was on special, so I thought I would give it a try. We are extremely low on blue cheese, so it wouldn't have been terrible if it wasn't similar to the one I used to buy. But, it seems to be the same one. It is soooo good.

We had spaghetti with meat sauce and a garden salad for dinner last night. Denali Peanut Butter Chunk with Moose Tracks ice cream for dessert. 20220526_202120.jpg

I made Neapolitan Pizza. A new dough recipe, good texture, the right kind of chewy, but a tad on the salty side. I made 3 small pizzas. One mushroom with garlic and fontina, one pepperoni, olives, tomatoes, peppers and mozzarella plus parm and the 3rd one was tomatoes, peppers, hard salami, olives with mozzarella and jack. The last one, I cooked a little longer and I think it was the best of the 3. Pizza is always a fun meal, so we enjoyed it very much!

Back
Top Bottom