Wednesday - Intl. Nothing Day - 1/13 - Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Rotisserie Chicken- Rev-B
Chicken & Biscuits......

Chicken & Biscuits.jpg

Last edited:
Sausage, mushrooms, zucchini and onions in a tomato/red wine sauce over polenta with mascarpone.

Attachments

• 2021-01-13 18.15.05.jpg
    2021-01-13 18.15.05.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 51
WOW! I'll take both of those plates, thanks :yum:

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

Local-style (reads from Hawaii, but y'all know this ;))
Chopped Steak.

Another name that some folks use is Pepper Steak ... this is such an icon dish back home, that many people never wrote it down! You hardly ever saw it in the restaurants either.
:chef:

I've been trying to keep it fresh and not have the same dishes over and over again during this time of isolation. :stuart:

I was thinking about this comfort food the other day and did a bunch of sleuthing on the WWW and mish-mashed a recipe together ... wasn't real sure if DH was going to like this, but we both did! :clap:
So I stuck this one into my recipe binder!

I had a bag of must-use tortilla chips, so we had taco salad tonight. We did have some chips with salsa con queso a few evenings ago, so there's a good chance Himself will finish up the last of them tonight.
IMG_20210113_210629322_HDR.jpg

I was going to reheat the leftover bacon wrapped chicken breast and leftover Danish meatloaf, serve it with potatoes and a salad. Well, I made the salad and some blue cheese dressing this afternoon. Then, when it was time to reheat the food, I goofed. I reheated the leftovers from the Indian resto delivery. So, I didn't serve potatoes, but did nuke some frozen, brown basmati rice. It was very good. The blue cheese dressing was the perfect foil for the heat in the Indian food. I guess it's the chicken and meatloaf tomorrow night.

I had steak with mushrooms, cucumber, and cauliflower. TB had chicken thighs, fresh tomatoes and cucumber.

We had Eggs Benedict (with smoked pork loin slices instead of Canadian bacon) last night.

Feeling fancy on a Wednesday night, I bought some beautiful U8 sea scallops from my local fishmonger yesterday. He was exposed to the coronavirus, so had to close for two weeks about a week before Christmas. I simply salted them and seared them in butter. Then I made lemon risotto and a salad with butter lettuce, romaine, cucumber, blood orange, kiwi and honeyed goat cheese, and a dressing with mayo, white wine vinegar, honey, Mural of Flavor and salt, and olive oil. Arancini coming up this weekend!
20210113_195556.jpg

That sounds absolutely delicious as well! I tried to get Craig to get some scallops last week, but he didn't want to. Couldn't believe it.

Back
Top Bottom