What are you eating Sunday 10/29/2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I still have a migraine and joint pain so DD is making chicken ala king over rice and green beans.

Daughter and SIL had a family birthday party for our grandson's second birthday. It was football Sunday food (and Pats won!). She made lasagna and a vegetarian chili, and she requested that I bring BBQ meatballs, which are always a hit. They're hand formed meatballs made with a secret ingredient - real meat!

Lets see... Nascar, football, world series...

Yup... snacks all day, topped off with pizza.. well.. actually topped off with dessert but, that's a bit later.. ;)

Ross

roast pork loin rolled with apples, cranberries, almonds....honey mustard sauce..roasted potatoes, onions, garlic...green beans

Attachments

• 23022327_10155863532044993_1113283263_n.jpg
    23022327_10155863532044993_1113283263_n.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 144
Hoping you feel better very soon, MsM.

Snacky day here today, too. No sports, though. :) I've been working in the yard, and catching up with little projects in the house. Stopping every now and then to nibble on cold grapes, cheese and crackers, deviled eggs, pickles, and olives.

Tenspeed...can hardly believe grandbaby is 2 years old already! Happy birthday to the little guy.

Mmmm....looks delish, Rock!

I forgot to take a pork roast out of the freezer (it's in the fridge now), so tonight supper was scrambled eggs and French toast. I was out of milk and cream, so I threw in a little sour cream to see what would happen.

The sour cream just broke up into chunks and wouldn't blend, but I didn't notice any special zing to the eggs or anything, so I probably won't do that again.

My Steelers played the Sunday Night Football game, so it was finger food for me. Center stage was cream cheese stuffed fried jalepeños. Hot! The peppers were a little tough, too. I ate the first ones too soon -- blistered the roof of my mouth.

Steelers won, so I'm happy.

CD

I still have a migraine and joint pain so DD is making chicken ala king over rice and green beans.

Hope you feel better. Good on your daughter for coming through in the clutch.

Daughter and SIL had a family birthday party for our grandson's second birthday. It was football Sunday food (and Pats won!). She made lasagna and a vegetarian chili, and she requested that I bring BBQ meatballs, which are always a hit. They're hand formed meatballs made with a secret ingredient - real meat!

Happy Birthday to the wee one. And yay for meat! :clap:

I'm heating up a selections of leftovers; mashed potatoes, chicken, green chile sour cream enchiladas, and hashed browns.

And leftovers! :cool:

Lets see... Nascar, football, world series...

Yup... snacks all day, topped off with pizza.. well.. actually topped off with dessert but, that's a bit later.. ;)

Ross

Sounds like a tri-fecta.

My wife wanted to buy me a gift of a couple of days where you train with the pros, then get to drive a NASCAR car around a track a few times. I'm not sure if I can fit in those little boys' seats, but I'd love to try. I'm used to high speed bumping and grinding through traffic, but only if all of the other cars look like taxis and tourists in rental cars... :angel:

roast pork loin rolled with apples, cranberries, almonds....honey mustard sauce..roasted potatoes, onions, garlic...green beans

Oh, man, that looks good.

Hoping you feel better very soon, MsM.

Snacky day here today, too. No sports, though. :) I've been working in the yard, and catching up with little projects in the house. Stopping every now and then to nibble on cold grapes, cheese and crackers, deviled eggs, pickles, and olives. !

I wish I still had a garden, and I wish I could have nibbled what you mentioned. All are favorites of mine; each good in it's own way, buy a delicious compilation to make a meal as well.

I finally hit my limit today. After almost falling asleep a few times on the way home this morning, I picked up Taylor ham, egg, and cheese sandwiches for everyone along with a coupla orders of home fries, then walked in the door and passed out. Woke up around noon, ate my sandwich, then slept until 5. Woke up in enough time to get to the dinner table to say grace and nibble on some shrimp then slept again until 9:30.
And now I'm back at work.

Dinner will be whatever I con scrounge from leftovers from the Sports Dept. this weekend.

My plan was a roast chicken dinner. I prepared the chicken, set the oven on 350ºF. and put the chicken in the oven. I was going to have rice with a chicken gravy. Frozen green beans. Just as the chicken went into the oven, the nurse came.

By the time she left, the buzzer went off for the chicken. No chance to get the rice or even the green beans started. Took the chicken out, covered with foil and sure enough another interruption. Would this meal ever get made and eaten. Forty-five minutes later. Pirate was, according to him, STARVING. So I let him carve himself some meat. The juices that ran from that chicken!!! Oh my goodness! I made the gravy and started to make the green beans. Forget the rice. I had a package of Grands in the freezer. Took them out and served biscuits and gravy with the chicken. Green beans on the side. A far better meal than I had planned. But isn't that always the case?

I let the chicken (not by choice) sit for more than 45 minutes and had the foil tightly tucked in on all sides. That allowed for the juices to redistribute throughout the chicken thoroughly. And with a small amount of chicken stock to loosen all the goodies at the bottom of the roasting pan, I had a killer gravy.

I had purchased a really small roaster. I figured it was plenty for just the two of us. Pirate informed me to get a larger one the next time. Normally I would have saved the carcass for soup. But I have enough bones already saved for that purpose.

Roch, your dinner looks like something one would get in a nice restaurant. You should be a chef. ;)

Chicken was on sale. Mushrooms were on sale. So was asparagus...and I had Meyer lemons I got on sale a week or two ago. Today's Cheap Eats were like high-end cafe: sauteed chicken (with a generous dusting of fines herbes) and sauteed mushrooms, simmered in a pan sauce of dry Sherry and chicken broth (because I was too lazy to open a new box of white wine), with the juice of half a lemon. Quick-cooked asparagus with a blizzard of Parmigiano-Reggiano. Later, we had bowls of fruit salad made with orange, pear, apple, red grapes, banana, and walnuts.

Attachments

• 20171029_224545.jpg
    20171029_224545.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 114
We made three different dinners for freezer meals for my FIL yesterday: stuffed shells with my lasagna sauce made with Italian sausage; chunks of pork loin, apples, onions and potatoes with gravy; and a big pot of posole (Mexican pork and tomatillo stew).

We had some of the stuffed shells for dinner, along with garlic bread sticks and a green salad. This morning, we'll make galumpkis for the freezer and for his dinner, visit my MIL in the nursing home one more time, have lunch with DH's sister, and then head for home.

Tuna salad sandwiches and plum slices. Too many of those evil yet delicious assorted chocolate Lindor truffles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom