What's for Dinner Sunday June 13/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Okay, guess I will get this started.

Just me tonight. DH is working and my sister is taking dinner to Dad, so I don't have to worry. I have been craving pizza so I think I will make myself a small thin-crust double cheese (mozza and montery), double mushrooms (usually crimini and shitaki).

What are you having?

Grilling again tonight, the rest of the pork chops, not sure what else as sides.

I grilled some yellow squash and zuchini and the for desert grilled bananas and pineapple.

Last edited:
Breakfast Bowls. Hash browns, sausage and eggs in a bowl topped with cheese and melted/browned under the broiler.

Tomorrow is our 25 year anniversary so we went out for late lunch/early dinner (lunner?). NY strip, mixed green salad, asparagus, 1/2 a stuffed portabello mushrrom and a 1/4 sweet potato.

I also spent way to much money at B&N!!

We got 50 pounds of Russet potatoes yesterday (for $10), so I will make french fries to go along with hamburgers. I wish we had cheese, but I figure that with enough onion, tomato, pickle, lettuce, and mustard, we won't notice so much. :mrgreen:

It is much too hot to be cooking anything (still 96 degrees at 6:11 p.m., and still no air conditioning), but I want to make something James will really like, since he is leaving tomorrow morning for another 2-3 months of training in Columbia (home on weekends).

:)Barbara

I was going to have Fried Chicken, Mashed and Gravy, Steamed Broccoli. But I was also cooking Hamburger Steak w/Onions, Gravy, Mashed, Peas and Carrots for the freezer, so I just had that. I didn't feel like making 2 different meals today. I still have 2 HBS to put in the freezer and one in the fridge for later this week.

We took our oungest son out for a birthday dinner. I had a steak sandwich and ice tea with frieds it was perfectly cooked med. rare, with a french rool, lettuce tomato and thin sliced red onion. It was nice to get out to a good meal in a nice cool restaurant.
kades

Market had fabulous swordfish steaks yesterday, so briefly marinated 2 nice thick ones in some Italian dressing before broiling. Accompanied by some lovely organic Golden Swiss Chard from the farmers market, sauteed in extra-virgin olive oil with lots of chopped garlic & a sprinkling of dry Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs; & some lovely teeny tiny new "creamer" potatoes simply boiled, sliced, & then tossed with melted butter a light sprinkling of salt, pepper, & Herbs d'Provence.

Back
Top Bottom