What's for Dinner Tuesday, October 6th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, we had to stop at the grocery store on the way home and I ended up picking up some corn on the cob and pork cutlets and I have time so it will be schnitzels with onion gravy, corn and salad (DH got some greek for himself but Dad and I will have green).

The burger hash will wait for tomorrow.

I plan to deep fry some baby back ribs and toss in BBQ sauce, serve with some fries made from Korean sweet potatoes.

I deep fried the ribs but made plain Pomme Frites.

3988977126_2a50da298f.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier
Wow, we are very much alike today, VB. DH also has a doctor's appointment this afternoon and it is about 1 hour away and we will be coming home in rush hour. I was also thinking it will end up being a ground beef something or other!

I have a ground beef something or other DH loves..You have to like tortilla cips and mild green canned peppers.its easy can be put together and then baked later in the day.
kades

I was on the phone too much this afternoon, so I ended up making crock-pot goulash.... I'll post a picture in a bit.

They were good without the sauce but awsome with it.

This is what I did.

Sauce: Add BBQ sauce, chipotle adobo and apple juice. Heat on low to reduce.
Remove membrane from ribs.
Cut into individual ribs.
Season with "Tonys".
Coat with Wondra flour.
Fry for 12 minutes.
Coat with sauce.

Vanilla, that cracked me up. My mother used to call it "American Chop Suey" and it was a family staple. Looks good, haven't made it in ages!

Today is my non-cooking day (not really, but ...) I read to a friend for part of the afternoon, so I pick something simple. My little freezer is full of stock so I grabbed the oldest chunk of ice (some broth leftover from corned beef I'd boiled), added sausage and some greens from the end of my garden and a can of beans. I did most of it before I hiked up to my old ladies to read, and just added the greens at the last minute. Not bad if I do say so myself.

after spending 10h at the hospital to have my arm looked at and set (sorta.. I have a temporary cast) I decided to order pizza.. it was ok... I couldn't keep it down from the pain in my arm but the kids and hub were happy. i'm up at 2am with the pain.... i broke it badly and the meds aren't helping:mad:

after spending 10h at the hospital to have my arm looked at and set (sorta.. I have a temporary cast) I decided to order pizza.. it was ok... I couldn't keep it down from the pain in my arm but the kids and hub were happy. i'm up at 2am with the pain.... i broke it badly and the meds aren't helping:mad:
awwwwwwwwww i am so sorry you are in pain sweetie. i am in NJ and the same time zone as you. where are you located? i ask because i am also in pain due to the fact that wwe just had a thunderstorm and are expecting rain and 40 MPH winds tonight and tomorrow (well later). if i may be so bold how did you break your arm? i hope the pain eases up so you can sleep.

awwwwwwwwww i am so sorry you are in pain sweetie. i am in NJ and the same time zone as you. where are you located? i ask because i am also in pain due to the fact that wwe just had a thunderstorm and are expecting rain and 40 MPH winds tonight and tomorrow (well later). if i may be so bold how did you break your arm? i hope the pain eases up so you can sleep.

I fell wearing crocs in the rain.. not a smart move for sure. I'm in Hamilton, ON.

and my arm... i need to get pins as it's not setting right

I fell wearing crocs in the rain.. not a smart move for sure. I'm in Hamilton, ON.

and my arm... i need to get pins as it's not setting right
canada wow the rain is really covering some miles. wow you did a good job on your arm!! i have a pair of crocs super size for when my damaged foot swells. i hate them!! ugly things. so sorry again i hope the pain eases up for you.

yummy!! i have never made that before.
I used my small crock-pot, since it's just the two of us. I browned ground beef with onion, drained off the grease. Added a can of diced tomatoes, half a big can of spaghetti sauce, minced garlic, salt-n-pepper, italian seasoning, a bit of nutmeg, and I think that is it. All was put in the crock on low, then on high when I added the macaroni. It came out great. Not all fresh ingredients, but it worked since I had no idea when dinner was going to be. I threw it in there and didn't have to worry about a time. When he got home, I gave him a salad and added the pasta.

I love that little crock-pot. It's supposed to be used for appetizer dips or fondues, but it comes in handy for 1-2 serving meals! That was one of the best purchases I ever made!

I used my small crock-pot, since it's just the two of us. I browned ground beef with onion, drained off the grease. Added a can of diced tomatoes, half a big can of spaghetti sauce, minced garlic, salt-n-pepper, italian seasoning, a bit of nutmeg, and I think that is it. All was put in the crock on low, then on high when I added the macaroni. It came out great. Not all fresh ingredients, but it worked since I had no idea when dinner was going to be. I threw it in there and didn't have to worry about a time. When he got home, I gave him a salad and added the pasta.

I love that little crock-pot. It's supposed to be used for appetizer dips or fondues, but it comes in handy for 1-2 serving meals! That was one of the best purchases I ever made!
sounds yummy!!

what brand is that small crock? i want one for fondue.

Back
Top Bottom