Chicken help please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree that chicken thighs or drumsticks would be tastier and less expensive. If you like, you may pull the skin off the thighs (it is less expensive to buy thighs with skin on and pull it off yourself than buy skinless thighs). Dredge the chicken in seasoned flour and brown. Put a little of your favorite pasta sauce on the bottom of a casserole, add the chicken pieces and more sauce. Cover and bake at about 325 degrees F until chicken is tender and almost falls off the bone. Uncover, add some grated cheese and cook a few more minutes uncovered until cheese is browned ( may have to increase oven temperature a little). Serve over cooked noodles, rice, baked potatoes, or polenta.

When would you add this to the OP's original casserole? This looks like a whole new dinner.

I would agree. The OP likes the original sauce, and wants to add chicken breast. It should be fine!

Shelly, your recipe sounds good too!

When I make coq au vin, I cut the chicken into pieces. I don't remove the bones from the chicken breast. All the chicken pieces get browned and then simmered for about 20 minutes and the breast doesn't get spoiled. Maybe the wine keeps it tender.

Sorry, I should have said that my chicken recipe was a whole new recipe -- nothing to do with the original recipe. Just thought another idea might be helpful.

Thanks for all your help everyone I really appreciate it! I'll let you know how it turns out, and thank you for the new recipe, sounds great!

Beer Braised Chicken

Here is a fantastic chicken recipe:

• Buy already-cut-up chicken pieces, instead of using a whole chicken
  • Use 1 piece of smoked bacon instead of 3
  • Add 1 large onion along with the fennel
…and serve the chicken with mashed potatoes (Yukon golds mashed with fresh chopped rosemary, a scoop of plain Greek yogurt, some grated Parmesan cheese, and whole milk), and roasted Brussels sprouts. This is easy, healthy, and delicious!

I hope enjoy it! :chef:

Back
Top Bottom