"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2021, 10:33 PM   #21
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_stewart View Post
I can imagine. Just doing the 7 quarts or 9 pints for me is a chore. Ive resorted to just freezing the sauces , but ive been canning some pickles and the salsa.
Well EXCELLENT!I remember when you were just thinking about canning and finding canning equipment and now you are canning. It's a lot of work but I like it in some satisfying way, to have it on the shelf, to know what I'm putting in them and that we grew them. I'm so glad to hear you've learned all that and are using it.

I haven't bought ketchup or hot sauce or tomato sauce in years now and it is half prepared so it makes dinner preparations easier, whether it is a salad dressing or spaghetti sauce. Having salsa on the shelf is great for meal preps and snacking. I wish we had done some this year, but we put up 100 pints last year and we are still eating them.

I'm really happy for you. It's a good skill, you might not NEED now but if things get lousy it might be important. A big plus, you don't have to go to the grocery store for pickles!

Tags
recipe