Iraqi jewish red kooba that's made with beets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
Iraqi jewish red kooba thats made with beets
What do you think?
it's non instant cream of wheat that can only be obtained at certain shops in north america

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220108-114105_Telegram_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20220108-114105_Telegram_1.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 43
it's sweet and sour beets soup with kooba 'dumlings'
the dumplings are made of a fine grounded semolina and filled with meat (i've used grounded chicken thighs)

i wish there was an english recipe

although it's hard to find non instant semolina of this kind in north america

there are many versions of kooba (kubba/kibbe)

i ate it since being a child

I've heard of kibbeh before, so I looked it up. I found several recipes online for kibbeh, which might be similar to what you're talking about.

It's a shell made of ground buckwheat with a filling of ground meat, onions, spices. It's shaped like a golf ball or mini-torpedo, like a kebab. I saw a few variations. Does that sound similar to your kibe?

Ground buckwheat is pretty easy to find around here these days, with so many people going gluten-free.

Last edited:
I've heard of kibbeh before, so I looked it up. I found several recipes online for kibbeh, which might be similar to what you're talking about.

It's a shell made of ground buckwheat with a filling of ground meat, onions, spices. It's shaped like a golf ball or mini-torpedo, like a kebab. I saw a few variations. Does that sound similar to your kibe?

Ground buckwheat is pretty easy to find around here these days, with so many people going gluten-free.

The kibbeh that I get is made with bulgur. I don't think the type of grain is all that important. This is the one I get:

11551_11551-Beef-Kebbe--6--Les-Filles-Fattoush.jpg

summer57

different ones have different dough

some of them are using bulgar, others with a special semolina (and often a mix).

in iraq they didn't used semolina. in iraq they grounded cooked rice and used that. sometimes the rice was grounded with chicken bones or something and then filled.

i never heard about using buckwheat

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom