Quick crisp sweet pickles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

licia

Executive Chef
I'm looking for a sweet cucumber pickle recipe that can be kept in the fridge for a few weeks. They are very crisp and quick to make, but I've lost my recipe. Does anyone have a clue? or better yet, a recipe? Thanks a bunch!!

I suppose 13 views and no reply means no one makes pickles. I've found a few but not the one I was looking for.

I wish I could help. Saturday is kind of a slow day so you might want to give this until Monday to get some good responses. I did find some on the net but they would be guesses. Someone will come along with a recipe I feel sure.

Here's my grandma's recipe, just as she wrote it, so if you have questions, I can't help much, as she always made them, and I never did, and now she is too old to cook anymore. They're quite good!

Grandma's Pickles

4 quarts sliced cucumbers
6 medium white onions, sliced
2 green bell peppers, chopped
3 cloves garlic
1/3 c. coarse salt
5 c. granulated sugar
1-1/2 tsp turmeric
1-1/2 tsp celery seed
2 T mustard seed
3 c. apple cider vinegar

Wash & slice cukes, add onions, peppers and whole garlic cloves.
Add salt; cover w/cracked ice ad mix thoroughly.
Let stand 3 hours in refrigerator.
Comvine other ingredients. Pour over drained cukes etc, and heat just to boiling.
Seal in hot sterilized jars.

That sounds like the one I'm looking for. If they turn out as good as I remember, they will be delicious. Thanks a bunch!

They are in the fridge now - will do the solution part tomorrow. It won't be long now!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom