Will You join us in a Swap?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope I don't sound TOO dense, but this is what I get so far: I will make up 10 zip lock baggies with 5-7 Tbs of rub/spice/dip,etc. Attach a card listing ingrediants and what to do with it. But then where do i send it, does someone need my address, and when I send it, do I enclose one of these flat rate priority envelopes, good for up to 4 lbs for $4.80 so the others packs can be returned to me? My brain functions at different levels sometimes, so someone help me out. Thanks
Deelady should have sent you her address. She's where you send your 10 baggies (okay, after the last few posts "baggies" made me laugh). You will include an envelope with your address and postage so she can send you everyone's samples.

If you want to PM me, I can explain it more how swaps work as I have done a ton.

Sooo....how is everyone doing on their blends?? Everything good?!?
I went out and bought some sea salt for my blend just in case I decide to use that in place of Kosher.....any prefferences on that?? Am more than willing to use the salt of your choice if I see one is a favorite over the other!

Hope all is going well!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

I'm sorry to have to post this to the board rather than privately, but I have not been able to get a pm from Deelady about where to send my swaps. I have sent at least 2 pm's and can't seem to connect. Today is the 26th and I recall that the swaps were due in by the 1st. I only have a day or 2 of time left to get it together if I am to participate. I have checked my spam mail to see if any responses have gone there but no success. Can someone help me or I will graciously bow out, to my regret. Thanks a bunch. Ro

I'm sorry to have to post this to the board rather than privately, but I have not been able to get a pm from Deelady about where to send my swaps. I have sent at least 2 pm's and can't seem to connect. Today is the 26th and I recall that the swaps were due in by the 1st. I only have a day or 2 of time left to get it together if I am to participate. I have checked my spam mail to see if any responses have gone there but no success. Can someone help me or I will graciously bow out, to my regret. Thanks a bunch. Ro
Make sure your box isn't full. I'm going to help and try and send you a message to see what happens.

ETA ~ okay, I sent you a PM. Did you get it?

Just one thing I noticed, granniero. You said you checked your spam mail which I presume is your email account. The PM's actually come in on this site and you should see a message in the top right corner of any DC page.

If you already know this, please forgive me, I am just trying to help.

I have sent two PM's and the last one was a direct reply to the PM you sent when you had said you hadn't received the first. Maybe something is wrong with your PM box? Did you receive Callistos?

Please don't give up on us, we are just having a little technical difficulties!;)

Got you!

Thanks,Deelady and Callisto. I went looking and found all the messages from D's first to C's last. I was expecting to get pm's directly to my home email, did not realize they were here at the site.......... Forgive me, i am still learning. Will get right on the project immediatly, I really didn't want to be left out! Thanks so much again, looking forward to the fun. Will let you know, D, as soon as I get mine in the mail to you. Hugs, Ro

Don't feel bad, I've been on here for a good amount of time now and only just figured out the Karma feature:rolleyes:
(By the way you might want to check your karma by clicking on the User CP button in the upper left side of the screen next to Portal;))

Ok so as of now we are at a total count of 9 participants, unfortunately a member needed to take themselves out due to personal reasons.

Kitchenelf
Luvs

Dina
Callisto
Grilling Fool
Mickey_72
Granniero
David H.
And me of course deelady

:chef::chef:

My horrid woman from the depths of the bowels of the earth boss docked me for the days I was in the hospital this week ~ without warning ~ so I won't be able to send my blend until next Saturday. I'm still participating, but I ran out of the pepper I'm using. If that's not okay, I understand. It's basically going to be a couple days late but I still want to participate.

Not a problem at all!
Hope you are feeling ok! I didn't see anything before on you being in the hospital, everything alright?

Callisto, I wish you good health my friend AND I can relate to the boss thing. I can run over her with my walker if you like...it has wheels now! Seriously, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I'm fine. It could have been worse. I'm just irritated with my boss but I have a plan. I will no longer work 1 minute past 5:00. I will no longer come in early without compensation. I will NEVER bring work home again and if I'm sick, I will not answer the phone if she is calling.

Hi swappers,
I have a huge Rosemary bush that needs trimming back if anyone wants some, I could throw some sprigs in seperate bags when i send in my swaps, which should be tomorrow. There shouldn't be a problem with them going bad, I don't think and you could just let them dry some when you get them. Just say so if anyone wants some. Ro

Thanks GRK ~ I appreciate the support. If it were January, I'd just quit but that's not an option right now.

Granniero ~ I know I would LOVE some fresh rosemary thrown in to my package when it comes home.

I was just told by another member that my PM was not received by them that gave the address of which everything is to be shipped to. Is there anyone else who has not received the information needed to participate? I know I have sent at least one PM to each participant but now I am wondering if all RECEIVED them.....?? please let me know as I will resend any information needed.

Callisto, you are absolutely right about your boss! That is one reason why I just left my job, I had to call in sick ONCE for my dd for having a fever and I was still given attitude (just about hung up on my face!)....yet when it is their turn to put us in a bind they do not hesitate for a second!
It will serve them right by not putting in anthing extra for their benefit!
Hope you are feeling better!

Ro here. You know I got mine! Mailing out tomorrow, Tues. Hope everyone is on target, looking forward to a package!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom