Hot Roll Mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just having a tiny panic attack about not being able to find my recipe for this. Thank the lord I posted it!

I was just having a tiny panic attack about not being able to find my recipe for this. Thank the lord I posted it!

There is a product on the shelves for Hot Rolls. It is in a box. Just add warm water. Many moons ago, I bought a box. It was so easy. It was this product that got me into making my own bread. I never bought it again, but am always grateful to it for waking up my interest in flour. Who knew feeding a family could be so interesting! When I would be looking through hubby's JOC I would skip over the bread section. Looked too hard. It soon became my favorite section of the cookbook. :angel:

16oz is only 2 cups.

I believe the 16oz is referring to weight and not volume. I watch a lot of 'Baking With Julia' and they have remarked many times that a pound (16 oz. in weight) of flour is about 3 1/2 cups of flour. Of course, depending on the area humidity, it could be a little more or a little less.

Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom