Pumpkin Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Callisto in NC

Washing Up
I have a great banana bread recipe and a kind of crappy pumpkin bread recipe. Can I substitute a can of pumpkin and some spices and use the ratios for the banana bread (i.e. the flour, sugar, shortening)? For spices nutmeg, cinnamon, maybe some cloves? Or maybe just buy pumpkin pie spice (I saw that at Trader Joe's last night).

Any suggestions. I have two cans of pumpkin, a new loaf pan, and I need to redeem myself after the last disaster.

Oh, and do raisins need to be reconstituted to be put in bread? They were like little rocks.

I have a great banana bread recipe and a kind of crappy pumpkin bread recipe. Can I substitute a can of pumpkin and some spices and use the ratios for the banana bread (i.e. the flour, sugar, shortening)? For spices nutmeg, cinnamon, maybe some cloves? Or maybe just buy pumpkin pie spice (I saw that at Trader Joe's last night).

Any suggestions. I have two cans of pumpkin, a new loaf pan, and I need to redeem myself after the last disaster.

Oh, and do raisins need to be reconstituted to be put in bread? They were like little rocks.

I would go with Libby's. (It recieved excellent reviews.)

Recipe: LIBBY'S® Pumpkin Cranberry Bread - NESTLE VeryBestBaking.com - Very Best Baking

Here is another version with raisins &/or nuts

ISO original Libby's Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Cooking Forum - GardenWeb

Raisins and pumpkin sounds like a sweet combination. Add an icing too. Something like buttercream might be good.

Back
Top Bottom