Sesame Seed Bagel question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When making a sesame seed bagel, should you use toasted sesame seeds or untested ( which will get toasted during the baking process) ??

I just dont want already toasted sesame seeds to get too toasted and have that burnt flavor, yet, I also dont want the untoased ones not to get toasted enough as not to have a toasted sesame seed flavor.

A friend has relatives in South Korea who own a sesame seed farm. I was lucky enough to score the mother load of toasted sesame seeds from her, and now im just exploring ways to use them up ( other than taking a pinch every time I pass the jar of them).
I make bread often and when using seeds on the uncooked loaves or bread rolls I always use the untoasted variety,

Have you tried them toasted and scattered on breakfast cereal?

I made them tonight. That worked well. I will be tweaking them. I used wholewheat flour, so bread recipes often have to be tweaked a bit. They are a bit doughy in the middle even though some of them were burnt on the bottom. I'm really not a fan of sweet with savoury, so, as I expected, they were a bit sweeter than I would prefer. I figured switching to wholewheat was enough of a change for a first try. Thank you again for sharing the recipe.

I made them tonight. That worked well. I will be tweaking them. I used wholewheat flour, so bread recipes often have to be tweaked a bit. They are a bit doughy in the middle even though some of them were burnt on the bottom. I'm really not a fan of sweet with savoury, so, as I expected, they were a bit sweeter than I would prefer. I figured switching to wholewheat was enough of a change for a first try. Thank you again for sharing the recipe.
You're welcome. I hope you're able to tweak them to your liking.

Back
Top Bottom