Looking for DVD titles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoAnn L.

Master Chef
Could you recommend some titles of DVDS. I am looking for some "suspenseful" movies to watch this winter. Some that you really liked.
Some I have already are:

The Others
The Fog
Secret Window
The Haunting

Thanks for your help.:rolleyes:

What about "The Sixth Sense" with Bruce Willis and Haley Joel Osment? It was a good movie and had me guessing all the way to the end.

Very, very suspenseful is the 1986 movie The Morning After with Jane Fonda, Jeff Bridges and Raul Julia. There were a couple of scenes that nearly made me jump out of my skin.

Alex Sternberg wakes up with a hangover and no memory of how she ended up in bed with a dead man. She flees, convinced that she has had another blackout and stabbed someone. Her only support, Turner, an ex cop and recovering alcoholic who is unsympathetic to her plight. She could believe that it is as simple as a violent act committed while drunk, except that the body keeps re-appearing.

I highly recommend it.

Learn more about it at IMDb.com.

Last edited:
Try "The Changeling" with George C. Scott.....(1980)
Gives me the willies every time....

The Dark Secret of Harvest Home
Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte
Whatever Happened to Baby Jane

Old Bette Davis films... Scary in a non-bloody "hold on to your seat" kind of way.

Ok, this is not too recent, but it really freaked me out....Blairwitch

Minority Report is really good. I'm usually not into sci-fi/suspense movies, but it was seriously really excellent.

Arlington Road is another good one... it's a bit older (from 1999 or something?) but the story line keeps you guessing for awhile.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom