Men are not romantic!! Period!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol, the first time i read that i thought, "do you mean he's batman???"

but i see you meant more neanderthalic. :)

Romance, what's that? Our 15th anniversary was the 7th. It was a very important one because dh was married to his first wife for 14 years so finally I have been his wife longer than she was. Well the day came and went with nary a word. He completely forgot. Now this is a man who remembers every year that he was hired into a particular business on August 28 but he can't remember that August 28th is also my birthday...grrrr! Of course I am very frustrated by all of this but having said that, he goes to work every day and his paycheck pays bills and doesn't buy booze or pay off gambling debts. He helps around the house and is there when the car breaks down. He may not be all flowers and candy but I count myself a lucky woman to have found this responsible upright citizen at a time in life when many men seem only concerned with what they can get from a woman and then what they can get fromn the next woman. Now guys, don't get on your high horses. I know that most of you are also kind and loving individuals but in the dating world out there after a certain age those kind of men are hard to find because most of them have already been snapped up. I'm thankful for the man I have, even without a lot of romance.

SO and I have been together for 12 years. During that time, we have cut way back on giving each other gifts. We'd rather use that money to enjoy a vacation or special treat together.

I know she loves me and she knows I love her by the way we interact every day. We surprise each other with small gifts all year long when we see something that we know he/she will like.

Her birthday is two days after mine so I have no excuse. I remember the anniversary of our first date but she doesn't. She remembers most everything else.

DH and I take vacations and dine out, we don't bother with gifts either. He's much better than I am with remembering our anniversary, but my birthday continues to elude him. He gets within +/- two days. His birthday is on a major holiday, so it's easier to remember.

We're going on 25 years.

Last edited:
Romance lol! My DH lifts his legs when he farts, gives me cash for my birthday and says make sure it's not too expensive. The closest I've gotten to a meal prepared by him was toast once when I was hurt and walking with crutches.
He never goes to the shop for me or us for that matter. If I say I'm ill will he please get bread on his way home he says take a drive and go the the Dr while you are there.
Leaves trash where he sits, won't put anything in the dustbin.
Makes himself coffee and when I ask for some says the kettle boiled so the water is hot you can make us both coffee etc.
He missed the romance bus completely!

I must be pretty lucky, I wouldn't trade Shrek for anything and as much as I rag on him, it's just teasing...you should hear what he says about me...:)

He is very romantic and likes to treat me, even if he is a slouch in the house cleaning department.

Last edited:
What is romance?
My husband is romantic when he scrapes the ice off of my car before work in the morning.
I have been called a romantic because I make his lunch each day before he goes to work.
Romance is when I get tea in bed just because.
Romance is when I bake my banana bread with chocolate chips because he loves it that way.
We have been married for 31 years, and the best thing we have ever given each other is the gift of kind words while describing each other to peers and co-workers.
So many people complain about their wife or husband to others. How sad. This is not good for anyone.

It seems that some of you have husbands that are the polar opposite from me. My wife has chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia, so I do most of the cleaning, laundry and cooking but that is what partners should do. I love her and my kids too much to do anything less.

Now back to the humorous OP
A real man is a woman's best friend. He will never let her down. He will comfort her after a bad day. He will inspire her to do things she never thought she could do. He will enable her to express her deepest emotions. He will enable her to be confident, sexy, seductive and invincible ...

No, wait. Sorry. I'm thinking of wine. It's wine that does all that. Never mind...

I guess I'm very lucky. After my stroke and being in the hospital for as long as I was my DH took over he does dishes, runs the vacumn, dusts, does the wash, the yard work and will go running to get me anything I want. On Sunday;s he has a fit if he thinks I'm doing to much, He never forgets my birthday, or our anniversary, loves what I cook and helps me bake for the nurses and my pals at diyalisis. What more could i possibly want? Nothing. I love my kiss goodnight and the I love you that follows.Pretty lucky girl here I feel.
kades

I'm lucky too. He knows what romance is and can turn on his inner Romeo whenever he wants. A lot of things go his way because of this!! <---- take note of that, guys... and gals!

Back
Top Bottom