Moving is Awesome!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erehweslefox

Sous Chef
No, it is not.

So after a ton of bruises, one 26 foot long rental truck (thing was a monster to drive), and WHY DOES MY WIFE WANT TO LIVE ON THE THIRD FLOOR, aside, we are in our new place. Everything is still in boxes. Damn boxes I hate them. But it is getting sorted.

The good news is that the new kitchen is much larger. I have some serious counter space. No more kneading bread on the dining room table.

Picking up produce from the co-op tomorrow, and my beloved wife (I will eventually forgive her for the whole apartment on the third floor thing), did give me a lodge cast iron dutch oven for my birthday, right before the move. It is the model with the self basting lid. I am quite excited.

So expect recipes and joy soon. We just got the internet turned on today, so I'm still playing catch up.

TBS

Glad you got there, despite the bruises and 3rd floor! Enjoy your new kitchen!

Did I mention I have counter space? I have been so used to using the dining room table to knead bread dough and mix stuff. Plus peeling potatoes in the living room on our coffee table. I almost don't know what to do with all this space.

Moving sucks. Glad you survived. Now you need a bunch of appliances to fill up all that counter space.

Fox, I was wondering when you were going to check back in here! :LOL: Glad to hear you and the Beloved are all moved in, despite boxes being everywhere. At least you're in your new home. :)

Agree with Dawg and Andy....you will definitely find things to fill up all that lovely new space!

Thanks for checking in. :)

...and WHY DOES MY WIFE WANT TO LIVE ON THE THIRD FLOOR...
Is it the top floor in your building? If so, the answer is "no one lives above her". Simple, if that is the case. Beloved Rachel is a woman after my own heart.

Enjoy all your new space. Eventually you'll start to think you need more space. :LOL:

PS - I have some decent vanilla ice cream. We'll bring it over if you'll share your pie.

Is it the top floor in your building? If so, the answer is "no one lives above her". Simple, if that is the case. Beloved Rachel is a woman after my own heart.

Enjoy all your new space. Eventually you'll start to think you need more space. :LOL:

PS - I have some decent vanilla ice cream. We'll bring it over if you'll share your pie.

Yeah CG, it is the top floor. She doesn't like people walking around on top of her.

And she likes apple pie enough that I kind of have a weekly pie plan. Not that I don't also mix it up with pecan and walnut, blackberry and strawberry pies. I try to have a pie dough made most times. One needs the ability to make emergency pie after all, and quick.

..And she likes apple pie enough that I kind of have a weekly pie plan...
Himself is a big fan of apple pie, too. He'd travel on and off for work ever since we were married. Before kids, and after we had our own house with a good-sized kitchen, I got this brainy idea. I passed a couple apple farms on my way to and from work every day. One was fancy, the other just a barn up the dirt drive with fresh-pressed cider and a wide variety of apples. I would stop every week for a different variety that was ready for picking, starting with Lodi in August and all the way through Melrose around Halloween. And each week I would produce a different apple pie for Himself upon his return to his castle. He still thinks of that as the best three months of his life! :LOL:

And now I have a taste for apple pie...:neutral:

Just moved myself this week, but, speaking for myself, I'm going to have to go with "awesome" rather than "sucks." I'm enjoying the heck out of unpacking and getting set up in the new digs. I see many projects in my future!

Enjoy your new place!

No, it is not.

So after a ton of bruises, one 26 foot long rental truck (thing was a monster to drive), and WHY DOES MY WIFE WANT TO LIVE ON THE THIRD FLOOR, aside, we are in our new place. Everything is still in boxes. Damn boxes I hate them. But it is getting sorted.

The good news is that the new kitchen is much larger. I have some serious counter space. No more kneading bread on the dining room table.

Picking up produce from the co-op tomorrow, and my beloved wife (I will eventually forgive her for the whole apartment on the third floor thing), did give me a lodge cast iron dutch oven for my birthday, right before the move. It is the model with the self basting lid. I am quite excited.

So expect recipes and joy soon. We just got the internet turned on today, so I'm still playing catch up.

TBS
Welcome to your new home.

Whenever I move home I'm always surprised that however, drastic I am about getting rid of things I no longer need, I still find things to get rid of when I unpack everything at the other end.

During my visit back to Ontario in September, I got to pack up a 4-bedroom house and put everything in storage. Not fun. I have no idea when I will get back to Ontario to get resettled and unpack. Didn't have time to purge and wouldn't have gotten the job done with the amazing help of four friends (two of whom booked off work to help for three days). It was awful visit back. By the time I eventually get to return to my life, I doubt I will keep much of what I am paying to store. But I couldn't part with very many of my books...

But I couldn't part with very many of my books...

I think those of us with books have a serious problem when moving. I have books that are more traveled than many people. PA to NH, back to PA, to NY, to PA, to OK, back to PA. here now, different place in PA 140 miles away. They are my friends, but my friends are heavy, hard to move, and stay in boxes unless I carry about bookshelves to put them on.

Let's just say I am a turtle not a hare.

Back
Top Bottom