Update On My Quest For Good Health!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

getoutamykitchen

Master Chef
:clap: Good morning all! About a week ago I started a thread about my having allergic reactions to Anti-depressants and my need to get healthy. Well it has been a week since I started changing my ways of eating. I am staying focused on NOT looking at what the scale says, but what my body feels. I did get on the scale last sunday and then put the scale away for the week. I have been having fun experimenting with different vegetable dishes and allowing an occasional skinless chicken breast once in a while. I feel somewhat better, except I am going through some strong withdrawal symptoms after stopping the Lexapro 7 days ago. Yesterday was the hardest day. I was having some powerful dizzy spells:dizzy: and thank goodness I did not have to drive anywhere. I just stayed home and worked around the house in between spells. I am truly enjoying the fact that my son asks me to walk every evening after dinner and my DH calls me in the middle of his busy day just to say hi, I love you and what's on the new dinner menu tonight. He is eating basically the same things I am. They have both been such great support this first week.
And now the really good news. My week was up, so I got the scale out and my DH and I weighed in. DH minus 7 pounds and DW (me) minus 9 pounds.:punk:
I'm not ready to disclose my highest weight yet, but let's just say I am more than 100 pounds over weight.
I will keep ya'll posted on my journey. Until next week my DC friends.

Congratulations on a successful week. I know it takes enormous motivation and willpower to do what you're doing. It sounds like you have a supportive and loving family...thanks for sharing this with us, and please keep us posted.

That's great. I know I need to make a few changes myself. It's good that you have a support system. I don't have anyone in the house to keep me on track so it's a little harder. Good luck and keep it up!

You are, by the way, off your meds under a physicians care right? Stopping anti-depressants suddenly without weening can have some serious effects.

That's great. I know I need to make a few changes myself. It's good that you have a support system. I don't have anyone in the house to keep me on track so it's a little harder. Good luck and keep it up!

You are, by the way, off your meds under a physicians care right? Stopping anti-depressants suddenly without weening can have some serious effects.

No I just stopped them myself. I will be seeing him on 03/13 though. Tried to see him sooner, but he is out of town and I can't stand the other 2 doctors they have on staff there. I know I should have seen him first, but I couldn't stand all the itching and hives the Lexapro was causing. My hives started to subside yesterday and today the dizzy spell are very minor. I'll be fine. Thank you for your concern.

Congratulations on a successful week. I know it takes enormous motivation and willpower to do what you're doing. It sounds like you have a supportive and loving family...thanks for sharing this with us, and please keep us posted.

Thank you, MexicoKaren! I need all the support and praise I can get right now.

3/15 Another week on my quest for good health!

:rolleyes:Well another week has gone by and my quest keeps moving on. My symptoms of withdrawal from stopping the anti-depressant have lessened quite a bit. I saw my doctor on friday and after discussing my depression we agreed on trying Wellbutrin SR. It falls into a different class of anti-depressants. I'm eating better than I ever have and have been able to make a full lap around the outer fence line of our 5 acres. One other benefit is I have now lost a total of 12 pounds. I have discovered that roasted vegetables are awesome.My favorite combination is cauliflower, broccoli and brussel sprouts sprinkled with just salt and pepper. Here's to another fantastic week of good healthy eating and maybe a pound or two also.:winkiss:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom