What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's 8PM, the kitchen is cleaned up and closed for the night. Set my alarm for 6:00 so I can shower, have a light breakfast and coffee, and be at Tyler's first basketball game tomorrow morning at 8. Not being a morning person :LOL:, I'm going to go ahead and park myself in the recliner, find a movie, and unwind. G'night, all! :)

Last edited:
Be sure to let us know how Tyler and his team do, Cheryl. Kids are so cute when they're playing sports. Loverly played CYO basketball from 4th through 8th grade. We really hated the tournament games, always held early in the morning (yup, 8:00 AM) and always at the gym furthest from our home. Still, it was fun watching...once we woke up! :LOL:

Yawn, I hate getting a bad night's sleep!

I roasted chickens all night long!! I got up four times for the bathroom and every time I did I tried to clear my mind of roasting chickens. It never worked, and in the end I had a big taste test for hundreds to determine the best roast chicken. The 425F taste test won. Gahhhh. It will be a long time before I actually roast another chicken.
Think I'll go back to bed for chicken free sleep.

Last edited:
Yawn, I hate getting a bad night's sleep!

I roasted chickens all night long!! I got up four times for the bathroom and every time I did I tried to clear my mind of roasting chickens. It never worked, and in the end I had a big taste test for hundreds to determine the best roast chicken. The 425F taste test won. Gahhhh. It will be a long time before I actually roast another chicken.
Think I'll go back to bed for chicken free sleep.
I hate that too. Have you been roasting a lot of chicken?

I used to get that with work. If I got it several times, I knew it was time to get a different job. I spoke with a truck driver who said that sometimes he dreamt the whole night that he was using the clutch on his rig.

Just tossed dinner in the Nija. Lot's to to in the kitchen today.
No interruptions. so I'll be steam cleaning the counters, and bay windows.
I can't see out of them. Should also steam clean the vent filter over the stove.

Looks like it's going to be a fun day alright. A real fun day.
Where is that cornfield?:LOL:

Just tossed dinner in the Nija. Lot's to to in the kitchen today.
No interruptions. so I'll be steam cleaning the counters, and bay windows.
I can't see out of them. Should also steam clean the vent filter over the stove.

Looks like it's going to be a fun day alright. A real fun day.
Where is that cornfield?:LOL:

What do you use to steam clean?

It was a snow day here. We have about 14 inches on the ground. I went cross country skiing this morning with my sister and two other residents here. A park surrounds our community development so it is a matter of going out our front doors and taking off. Then went snow shoeing over the same terrain with DH.

What do you use to steam clean?

This one. http://www.amazon.com/Handheld-Mult...&qid=1452375242&sr=1-2&keywords=steam+cleaner

My youngest son bought be this for xmas. He said he didn't want me using harsh chemicals like ammonia and such to clean house.

When I saw this, didn't think it would do that great of a job.
Boy was I ever wrong. For such a small appliance it's done a great job without all that scrubbing. All I did was steam and wipe it down.

I've already used it for the oven,stove top grates. Cleaning disgusting mold off of the bathroom window.Tiles in the bathroom. Fixtures.

I really like how fresh the house smells after I finish a project.

Munky, that is awesome! Can you regulate the amount of steam? If not, is it really strong and hot?

I ask because I have been looking for a steamer I can use on my cakes and this looks perfect. Steam can smooth and shine fondant but you have to be very careful that you don't melt it.

I also think it would help me with cleaning!

Last edited:
Munky, that is awesome! Can you regulate the amount of steam? If not, is it really strong and hot?

I ask because I have been looking for a steamer I can use on my cakes and this looks perfect. Steam can smooth and shine fondant but you have to be very careful that you don't melt it.

I also think it would help me with cleaning!

No you can't regulate the steam. It gets hot. Seems to me depending on what attachment your using, how strong or close you apply the heat that's going to be the outcome.

For instance the window I was working on had a corner that needed some steam cleaning, but not alot. I used the longer hose cone adapter. It had a kinder steam. I tested it on a gloss painted wall to. The paint didn't peel. Like I'd care anyways. I was just testing it out. :LOL: It did a better cleaning job than any other method I've ever used to wipe down walls.

Btw. One wall we had in particular had masking tape glue stuck to it. I had that section of wall clean and unglued in less that an hour.

Wish I had had this steamer when my sons were younger teaching them how to write starting with stick letters. I gave him paper. Left the room for 2 minutes tops and came back to see the letters ( K,I,L,M) all over my wall. He decided he needed a bigger canvas with a CRAYON!
OMG!!!! He was so lucky to be 3 at the time.:ohmy::LOL:

It will remove crayon marks. Little late for me. But hey if it helps anyone around here, I'm alright with that.:)

Interesting. After spraying you just wipe up the dirt and water and you're done?

Yes. Isn't that cool?

When you do the windows you steam and use the squeegee attachment. (sp) It's a really tough plastic tool. Worked better for me going left to right then just a straight down motion. Had a paper towel at the bottom sill. To tap it when I was done. It looked like a professional was called in to do it.

If you guys want maybe my photographer can take pics for me.
Just getting started on the kitchen window. It's a pain in the....
to clean. We'll see just how well it tackles this window.

I believe it was rated one of the best hand held steamers of 2015.

This one. Amazon.com - Handheld Multi-purpose Pressurized Steam Cleaner for stain removal, curtains, crevasses, bed bug control, car seats and more -

My youngest son bought be this for xmas. He said he didn't want me using harsh chemicals like ammonia and such to clean house.

When I saw this, didn't think it would do that great of a job.
Boy was I ever wrong. For such a small appliance it's done a great job without all that scrubbing. All I did was steam and wipe it down.

I've already used it for the oven,stove top grates. Cleaning disgusting mold off of the bathroom window.Tiles in the bathroom. Fixtures.

I really like how fresh the house smells after I finish a project.
Have you used it for getting wrinkles out of clothes yet?

Daughters and I (actually daughters) threw together a last minute trip tomorrow to go to Knott's Berry Farm. I just threw a few things in a bag, and set the alarm for 5:30AM to be on the road by 7. The grandsons are going to love Camp Snoopy! :LOL:

https://www.knotts.com/ knott-s-summer/camp-snoopy

They also have a fabulous marketplace with all kinds of jams, jellies, salsas, etc. for us big kids. It'll be a long day, but fun. :)

Sounds like a blast, Cheryl! Have fun! I'd love to go with, but the plane wouldn't make it there on time.

Back
Top Bottom