What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just spent almost half an hour on the phone with my credit card company. I noticed that about $600 worth of "Canadian Tire Money" was missing from my account. Canadian Tire money is a rewards thingee and I can spend it at Canadian Tire. Canadian Tire is sort a hardware department store with an automotive section.

Anyhoo, I was checking my online CC balance and noticed that the rewards total was at $31 something, not the expected $600+, so I phoned. Yup, someone managed to redeem over $600 at a Canadian Tire store that isn't very close by. There will be an investigation, which may involve the police. They promised to give us the back the amount that was used for that purchase, whatever happens with the investigation. At least we don't need new credit card numbers. They will just change the rewards program number. Colour me relieved.

I'm glad it was an easy fix, taxy.

I just got back from a quick grocery shopping trip. Resting my feet for a few minutes and then I'll make pita chips from store-bought pita bread to go with dinner tonight.

Trying to catch my breath, wondering when the snow will stop. Have only done 1/4 of the hand stuff, twice. Up to my knees, past the dog's belly. Will have to somehow trudge to the front barn for the tractor befor it gets too late. Hope I don't get stuck in a snow drift. Can't blow in the dark. No sense in blowing while the wind is also blowing. Argh.. garumph...

Managed to make it to the chicken coop this morning but not sure about later today. I didn't even let anyone out today, not only because of the snow but yesterday Renee Renard trotted into my back patio, took off when I squawked and the dog barked. Down one more chicken... he must have walked right inside the coop to help himself to dinner.

Plus I'm steaming around the collar as my stupid neighbour went to Belize for 3 weeks... grrr.... he's gonna get an earful from me when he gets back. Hate them, gonna come back all tanned with happy smiles on their faces... another growl! bah... humbug! :glare:

Will be sleeping soon, missed it last night. Daddy passed out in the restaurant and ended up in the emergency room. The man who is never sick...Pulmonary Embolism. Tons of fine clots all through his lungs, no wonder he has felt cruddy. He'll be home tomorrow, we hope! Luckily he is a very good patient.

Mom keeps saying, "One more shoe to drop" Seems her family is keeping her worried.

Oh No, PF! This is something that needs to be worried about the rest of his life? Or are there meds that can eliminate most of the worry? A friend of Goober's has had clots in his legs and takes something. He only needs to worry about getting cut, since the meds thin his blood. I hope your Dad gets fixed up and you and your Mom get some rest. Hugs and good thoughts heading your way. [emoji813]

Oh No, PF! This is something that needs to be worried about the rest of his life? Or are there meds that can eliminate most of the worry? A friend of Goober's has had clots in his legs and takes something. He only needs to worry about getting cut, since the meds thin his blood. I hope your Dad gets fixed up and you and your Mom get some rest. Hugs and good thoughts heading your way. [emoji813]

Yes, he is getting heparin and coumadin for blood thinners. Will have to take for about 6 months then he can switch to Eliquis as long as his blood and lung clots look good. After two days of treatment he is already breathing better. We are on the search for the cause of the clots. I suspect a few of the supplements he was taking.

PF, sending positive vibes. Pulmonary embolism is one of the things that really scares me. I hope your dad is doing well and the meds work well.

Feeling horrible. A friend is having to take her husband off life support. He has been in a coma since Wednesday a.m. He is only 44. My heart is absolutely broken.

Yes, he is getting heparin and coumadin for blood thinners. Will have to take for about 6 months then he can switch to Eliquis as long as his blood and lung clots look good. After two days of treatment he is already breathing better. We are on the search for the cause of the clots. I suspect a few of the supplements he was taking.
So sorry to hear that. I'm glad he's feeling better. Hope he continues to improve. Hugs.

So sorry to hear that. I'm glad he's feeling better. Hope he continues to improve. Hugs.

He scared us for about 6 hours until we all understood what was happening, they were talking about Life Flight to Denver. But, they figured it out and it was a simple fix. We'll go rescue the nurses tomorrow and get him out of their hair. Several of his caregivers are my friends and they are enjoying him and his orneriness.

Back
Top Bottom